* itemize behaviour
@ 2012-07-03 19:43 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-07-03 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

I do not understand the workings of the itemize.
What I want is two nested itemlists. The outer one unpacked, the inner one packed. In the inner one the itemlist should be joinedup with the text before it.
I do not get this working, see the examples. The inner list is separated from the "Intro to inner list". It looks like the joinedup in the second example has no effect, because deleting it makes no difference. Switching the joinedup over to the outer itemize in the third example pulls everything together and destroys the unpacked of the first list.

How to achieve the following?
----------------------------------
- Intro to inner list
  o one inner list
  o two inner list

- second outer item
----------------------------------

Hans van der Meer

\starttext
\setupitemgroup[itemize][1][unpacked][symbol=4]
\setupitemgroup[itemize][2][unpacked][symbol=5]
\startitemize
\startitem
Intro to inner list.
\startitemize
\startitem one inner list \stopitem
\startitem two inner list \stopitem
\stopitemize
\stopitem
\startitem second outer item \stopitem
\stopitemize
\blank\thinrule\blank
\setupitemgroup[itemize][1][unpacked][symbol=4]
\setupitemgroup[itemize][2][packed,joinedup][symbol=5]
\startitemize
\startitem
Intro to inner list.
\startitemize
\startitem one inner list \stopitem
\startitem two inner list \stopitem
\stopitemize
\stopitem
\startitem second outer item \stopitem
\stopitemize
\blank\thinrule\blank
\setupitemgroup[itemize][1][unpacked,joinedup][symbol=4]
\setupitemgroup[itemize][2][packed][symbol=5]
\startitemize
\startitem
Intro to inner list.
\startitemize
\startitem one inner list \stopitem
\startitem two inner list \stopitem
\stopitemize
\stopitem
\startitem second outer item \stopitem
\stopitemize
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: itemize.pdf --]

* Re: itemize behaviour
@ 2012-07-05 18:16 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-05 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.07.2012 um 21:43 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> I do not understand the workings of the itemize.
> What I want is two nested itemlists. The outer one unpacked, the inner one packed. In the inner one the itemlist should be joinedup with the text before it.
> I do not get this working, see the examples. The inner list is separated from the "Intro to inner list". It looks like the joinedup in the second example has no effect, because deleting it makes no difference. Switching the joinedup over to the outer itemize in the third example pulls everything together and destroys the unpacked of the first list.
>
> How to achieve the following?
> ----------------------------------
> - Intro to inner list
>   o one inner list
>   o two inner list
>
> - second outer item
> ----------------------------------

You need the “paragraph” option.

\starttext

\setupitemgroup[itemize][1][4,unpacked]
\setupitemgroup[itemize][2][5,packed,paragraph]

\startitemize
	\startitem
		Intro to inner list.
		\startitemize
			\startitem one inner list \stopitem
			\startitem two inner list \stopitem
		\stopitemize
	\stopitem
	\startitem
		second outer item
	\stopitem
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: itemize behaviour
@ 2012-07-05 19:47   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-07-05 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks. Is the [joinedup] deprecated? Or has it another use?

Hans van der Meer

@ 2012-07-06  4:49     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-06  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.07.2012 um 21:47 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> Thanks. Is the [joinedup] deprecated? Or has it another use?

The “joinedup” option works as intended, the problem in your example is that the inner itemgroup acts different for the first item.

When you use ”joinedup” context ignores the “before” value which is inserted before the first item but in the inner item group context uses the “inbetween” value of the previous/outer itemgroup and you have to use the “paragraph” keyword for the inner itemgroup to prevent this.

Wolfgang