* python embedded in ConTeXt
@ 2013-02-23 12:47 Xan
From: Xan @ 2013-02-23 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just want to know if there is a equal thing like python.sty [1],
sympytex [2] or sagetex [3] for embed python, sympy and sage into
ConTeXt documents as there exist for latex. Yeah, I know I could write a
script and run python externally to ConTeXt but this were easier to use.

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

[1] http://www.astrobetter.com/python-in-latex-with-sympy/
[2] https://github.com/gpoore/pythontex
[3] http://www.sagemath.org/doc/tutorial/sagetex.html

* Re: python embedded in ConTeXt
@ 2013-02-23 20:31 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2013-02-23 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2013-02-23 um 13:47 schrieb Xan:

> I just want to know if there is a equal thing like python.sty [1], sympytex [2] or sagetex [3] for embed python, sympy and sage into ConTeXt documents as there exist for latex. Yeah, I know I could write a script and run python externally to ConTeXt but this were easier to use.

Have a look at Aditya's filter module, that can call arbitrary external commands. If you need pretty printing of Python sources, I guess the vim module can handle that. Don’t know about a suitable combination.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: python embedded in ConTeXt
@ 2013-02-24  3:29   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-02-24  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2013-02-23 um 13:47 schrieb Xan:
>
>> I just want to know if there is a equal thing like python.sty [1],
>> sympytex [2] or sagetex [3] for embed python, sympy and sage into
>> ConTeXt documents as there exist for latex. Yeah, I know I could write
>> a script and run python externally to ConTeXt but this were easier to
>> use.
>
> Have a look at Aditya's filter module, that can call arbitrary external commands.

Attached is a proof of concept implementation for sympy. All the three
python packages that you mentioned include a corresponding python script
that does a lot of book-keeping. So, getting the full functionality of all
these packages will require adapting those python script to generate
results in ConTeXt syntax rather than in LaTeX syntax.

Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: APPLICATION/x-tex, Size: 916 bytes --]

* Re: python embedded in ConTeXt
@ 2013-02-25 18:04 ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2013-02-25 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much, Henning and Aditya. It clear the actual programming
in ConTeXt. Now I use mako templates for emulate this purpose, but it's
an annoying thing having to do this "outside" ConTeXt documents....

Thanks, both.

Xan.

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2013, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

    />/
    /

From: Mica Semrick @ 2013-02-25 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)