* Small caps as a separate font
@ 2022-05-25 20:23 Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context
From: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

A quick question about a font that has a separate file for small caps. I
have the following:

\starttypescript [sans] [dtl-documenta-sans-t]
\definefontsynonym[Sans] [name:dtldocumentasanst][features=default]
\definefontsynonym[SansItalic]
[name:dtldocumentasanstitalic][features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [dtl-documenta-sans-t-sc]
\definefontsynonym[Sans] [name:dtldocumentasanstcaps][features=default]
\definefontsynonym[SansItalic]
[name:dtldocumentasanstcapsitalic][features=default]
\stoptypescript

How can I define dtl-documenta-sans such that I can do:

\setupbodyfont[dtl-documenta-sans,rm,10pt]

\starttext
\setff{smallcaps}{Small Caps Hamburgerfons}, \setff{smallcaps}{\it Small
Caps Italic Hamburgerfons},
\stoptext

Sincerely,
Stefan

* Re: Small caps as a separate font
@ 2022-05-25 20:27 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 25.05.22 um 22:23 schrieb Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context:
> Dear list,
>
> A quick question about a font that has a separate file for small caps. I
> have the following:
>

> \starttypescript [sans] [dtl-documenta-sans-t]
> \definefontsynonym[Sans] [name:dtldocumentasanst][features=default]
> \definefontsynonym[SansItalic]
> [name:dtldocumentasanstitalic][features=default]

\definefontsynonym[SansCaps][name:dtldocumentasanstcaps][features=default]

> \stoptypescript
>

> \starttypescript [sans] [dtl-documenta-sans-t-sc]
> \definefontsynonym[Sans] [name:dtldocumentasanstcaps][features=default]
> \definefontsynonym[SansItalic]
> [name:dtldocumentasanstcapsitalic][features=default]
> \stoptypescript
>

> How can I define dtl-documenta-sans such that I can do:
>
> \setupbodyfont[dtl-documenta-sans,rm,10pt]
>
> \starttext
> \setff{smallcaps}{Small Caps Hamburgerfons}, \setff{smallcaps}{\it Small
> Caps Italic Hamburgerfons},
> \stoptext

Single smallcaps fonts work the traditional way with \sc, not via
OpenType features (if I’m not mistaken and this gets mapped automagically).

Hraban

* Re: Small caps as a separate font
@ 2022-05-25 20:58   ` Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context
From: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)