* How to setupbtx to get short citations?
@ 2022-01-09 22:56 Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context
From: Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context @ 2022-01-09 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the example below I can do \cite[short][hh2010] to get the citation
in the short format. But I thought that would also be the standard
with \setupbtx[aps][alternative=short] (so that I can write
\cite[hh2010] instead). What do I miss? (Except for the fact that I
should probably define my own btx style as a copy of aps instead of
setting the aps up...)

/Mikael

\startbuffer[bib]
@ELECTRONIC{hh2010,
  author = {Hans Hagen},
  year = {2010},
  title = {Metafun. \CONTEXT\ mkiv},
  url = {http://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/metafun-s.pdf},
}
\stopbuffer

\usebtxdataset[bib.buffer]

\usebtxdefinitions[aps]

\setupbtxrendering[aps][
sorttype=short,
numbering=short,
]

\setupbtxlist[aps][
  width=fit,
  distance=0.5em,
  interaction=start,
]

\setupbtx[aps][
  alternative=short,
]

\starttext

\cite[hh2010]

\placelistofpublications

\stoptext

* Re: How to setupbtx to get short citations?
@ 2022-01-11 14:27 ` Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context
From: Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context @ 2022-01-11 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 11:56 PM Mikael Sundqvist <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the example below I can do \cite[short][hh2010] to get the citation
> in the short format. But I thought that would also be the standard
> with \setupbtx[aps][alternative=short] (so that I can write
> \cite[hh2010] instead). What do I miss? (Except for the fact that I
> should probably define my own btx style as a copy of aps instead of
> setting the aps up...)
>
> /Mikael
>
> \startbuffer[bib]
> @ELECTRONIC{hh2010,