* Custom type-imp file creating empty lines
@ 2022-05-11 16:42 Alexandre Christe via ntg-context
From: Alexandre Christe via ntg-context @ 2022-05-11 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I've played a bit with a custom type-imp file (partly inspired from the
wiki https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Alegreya_Typescript). However, the file
I ended up with seems to create some empty lines at the beginning of the
document (if I use the default or another font this vanishes, so it really
comes from that file). Could anyone enlighten me?

The file is attached.

BR,
Alex

[-- Attachment #2: type-imp-alegreya.mkiv --]

\starttypescriptcollection [alegreya]

\usetypescriptfile[imp-libertinus]

\definefontfeature[alefeatures][
  mode=node,
  liga=yes,
  kern=yes,
  tlig=yes,
  ccmp=yes,
  language=dflt,
  protrusion=quality,
  expansion=quality
]

\starttypescript [sans] [alegreya,alegreya-light,alegreya-medium]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Thin]             [file:AlegreyaSans-Thin]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ThinItalic]       [file:AlegreyaSans-ThinItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ThinCaps]         [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Thin]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ThinItalicCaps]   [file:AlegreyaSansSC-ThinItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Light]            [file:AlegreyaSans-Light]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-LightItalic]      [file:AlegreyaSans-LightItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-LightCaps]        [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Light]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-LightItalicCaps]  [file:AlegreyaSansSC-LightItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Regular]          [file:AlegreyaSans-Regular]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Italic]           [file:AlegreyaSans-Italic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Caps]             [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Regular]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ItalicCaps]       [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Italic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Medium]           [file:AlegreyaSans-Medium]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic]     [file:AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-MediumCaps]       [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Medium]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-MediumItalicCaps] [file:AlegreyaSansSC-MediumItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Bold]             [file:AlegreyaSans-Bold]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-BoldItalic]       [file:AlegreyaSans-BoldItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-BoldCaps]         [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Bold]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-BoldItalicCaps]   [file:AlegreyaSansSC-BoldItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ExtraBold]        [file:AlegreyaSans-ExtraBold]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ExtraBoldItalic]  [file:AlegreyaSans-ExtraBoldItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ExtraBoldCaps]    [file:AlegreyaSansSC-ExtraBold]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-ExtraBoldItalicCaps][file:AlegreyaSansSC-ExtraBoldItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-Black]             [file:AlegreyaSans-Black]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-BlackItalic]       [file:AlegreyaSans-BlackItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-BlackCaps]         [file:AlegreyaSansSC-Black]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSans-BlackItalicCaps]   [file:AlegreyaSansSC-BlackItalic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [alegreya]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-Regular]         [file:Alegreya-Regular]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-Italic]          [file:Alegreya-Italic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-Caps]            [file:AlegreyaSC-Regular]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-Bold]            [file:Alegreya-Bold]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-BoldItalic]      [file:Alegreya-BoldItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-BoldCaps]        [file:AlegreyaSC-Bold]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-Black]           [file:Alegreya-Black]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-BlackItalic]     [file:Alegreya-BlackItalic]
  \definefontsynonym[AlegreyaSerif-BlackCaps]       [file:AlegreyaSC-Black]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [alegreya,alegreya-light,alegreya-medium] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Sans]           [AlegreyaSans-Regular]     [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]     [AlegreyaSans-Italic]      [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]    [AlegreyaSans-Italic]      [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]       [AlegreyaSans-Bold]        [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic] [AlegreyaSans-BoldItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted][AlegreyaSans-BoldItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]       [AlegreyaSans-Caps]        [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansThin]         [AlegreyaSans-Thin]      [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansThinItalic]   [AlegreyaSans-ThinItalic][features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansThinSlanted]  [AlegreyaSans-ThinItalic][features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansThinCaps]     [AlegreyaSans-ThinCaps]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansLight]        [AlegreyaSans-Light]     [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansLightItalic]  [AlegreyaSans-LightItalic][features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansLightSlanted] [AlegreyaSans-LightItalic][features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansLightCaps]    [AlegreyaSans-LightCaps]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansMedium]       [AlegreyaSans-Medium]     [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansMediumItalic] [AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic][features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansMediumSlanted][AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic][features=alefeatures]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [alegreya-light] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Sans]           [AlegreyaSans-Light]         [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]     [AlegreyaSans-LightItalic]   [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]    [AlegreyaSans-LightItalic]   [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]       [AlegreyaSans-LightCaps]     [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]       [AlegreyaSans-Medium]        [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic] [AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted][AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [alegreya-medium] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Sans]           [AlegreyaSans-Medium]         [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]     [AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic]   [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]    [AlegreyaSans-MediumItalic]   [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]       [AlegreyaSans-MediumCaps]     [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]       [AlegreyaSans-ExtraBold]        [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic] [AlegreyaSans-ExtraBoldItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted][AlegreyaSans-ExtraBoldItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [alegreya] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [AlegreyaSerif-Regular]     [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [AlegreyaSerif-Italic]      [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]    [AlegreyaSerif-Italic]      [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [AlegreyaSerif-Bold]        [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [AlegreyaSerif-BoldItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted][AlegreyaSerif-BoldItalic]  [features=alefeatures]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]       [AlegreyaSerif-Caps]        [features=alefeatures]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [alegreya]
  \definetypeface [alegreya] [rm] [serif] [alegreya] [default]
  \definetypeface [alegreya] [ss] [sans]  [alegreya]  [default]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:lowercaseitalic,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:uppercaseitalic,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:lowercasenormal,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:uppercasenormal,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:lowercasegreekitalic,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:uppercasegreekitalic,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:lowercasegreeknormal,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
       [preset=math:uppercasegreeknormal,force=yes]
  \definefontfeature[inlinemath][lnum=yes,pnum=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
    [preset=math:digitsnormal,features=inlinemath,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
    [preset=math:digitsbold,features=inlinemath,force=yes]
  \definefallbackfamily [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
    [superscriptsandsubscripts] [force=yes]
  \definefontfamily [alegreya] [math] [LibertinusMath]
  \definefontfamily [alegreya] [tt] [almfixed] [scale=1]
\stoptypescript

\setupmathematics[autopunctuation={all},ucgreek=italic,lcgreek=italic]

\starttypescript [alegreya-light]
  \definetypeface [alegreya-light] [rm] [serif] [alegreya] [default]
  \definetypeface [alegreya-light] [ss] [sans]  [alegreya-light]  [default]
  \definefallbackfamily
       [alegreya-light] [math] [Alegreya]
[...]
  \definefontfamily [alegreya-light] [math] [LibertinusMath]
  \definefontfamily [alegreya-light] [tt] [almfixed] [scale=1]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [alegreya-medium]
  \definetypeface [alegreya] [rm] [serif] [alegreya] [default]
  \definetypeface [alegreya] [ss] [sans]  [alegreya-medium]  [default]
[...]

\stoptypescriptcollection

* Re: Custom type-imp file creating empty lines
@ 2022-05-11 17:13 ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2022-05-11 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Christe via ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 5/11/22 18:42, Alexandre Christe via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I've played a bit with a custom type-imp file (partly inspired from the
> wiki https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Alegreya_Typescript
> <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Alegreya_Typescript>). However, the file
> I ended up with seems to create some empty lines at the beginning of the
> document (if I use the default or another font this vanishes, so it
> really comes from that file). Could anyone enlighten me?

Hi Alex,

you added an extra option group here:

  \definefallbackfamily [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
    [superscriptsandsubscripts] [force=yes]

I think this may read:

  \definefallbackfamily [alegreya] [math] [Alegreya]
    [range=superscriptsandsubscripts, force=yes]

Just in case it might help,

Pablo

* Re: Custom type-imp file creating empty lines
@ 2022-05-12  5:28   ` Alexandre Christe via ntg-context
From: Alexandre Christe via ntg-context @ 2022-05-12  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)