* [NTG-context] 2024
@ 2024-01-01 12:28 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-01-01 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

As a side effect (spin off) of this years xmas card we have a new years
gimmick:

    https://www.pragma-ade.nl/2023

Of course it screams metapost but tex and lua are also involved. See it
as compensation for the lack of an end-of-year update. The last page of
the result has a bit of explanation.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: 2024
@ 2024-01-01 14:33 ` vm via ntg-context
From: vm via ntg-context @ 2024-01-01 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: vm

On 01/01/2024 13:28, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Of course it screams metapost but tex and lua are also involved. See it
> as compensation for the lack of an end-of-year update. The last page of
> the result has a bit of explanation.

Beautiful indeed !
(And thank you for all the good work)
Is the puzzle generator somewhere hidden to be found within the context
module tree?

.Floris

@ 2024-01-01 19:15 ` vm via ntg-context
From: vm via ntg-context @ 2024-01-01 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: vm

On 01/01/2024 13:28, Hans Hagen wrote:
> https://www.pragma-ade.nl/2023

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.21.5

@ 2024-01-02 10:35   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2024-01-02 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vm via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 1/1/2024 3:33 PM, vm via ntg-context wrote:

> On 01/01/2024 13:28, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Of course it screams metapost but tex and lua are also involved. See
>> it as compensation for the lack of an end-of-year update. The last
>> page of the result has a bit of explanation.
>
> Beautiful indeed !
> (And thank you for all the good work)
> Is the puzzle generator somewhere hidden to be found within the context
> module tree?
It's not that much code but I need to add a keyword interface. It's also
something we might play with a little at this years meeting so ...

(I added a gray scale option for tyhose without color printer.)

Here's a big one (the xmas card):

http://www.pragma-ade.nl/ctx-group-2023.pdf

@ 2024-01-02 15:06     ` Fabrice L
From: Fabrice L @ 2024-01-02 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

> Le 2 janv. 2024 à 05:35, Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> a écrit :
>
> On 1/1/2024 3:33 PM, vm via ntg-context wrote:
>> On 01/01/2024 13:28, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> Of course it screams metapost but tex and lua are also involved. See it as compensation for the lack of an end-of-year update. The last page of the result has a bit of explanation.
>> Beautiful indeed !
>> (And thank you for all the good work)
>> Is the puzzle generator somewhere hidden to be found within the context module tree?
> It's not that much code but I need to add a keyword interface. It's also something we might play with a little at this years meeting so ...
>
> (I added a gray scale option for tyhose without color printer.)
>
> Here's a big one (the xmas card):
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.nl/ctx-group-2023.pdf
>
> Hans

This is very beautiful, and inspiring !
Seems like a coded message from the past, or the future !
Fabrice.

@ 2024-01-02 15:21 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2024-01-02 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wow Hans!

As Fabrice mentioned, this is really like kind of a language and messaging from an ancient time… The shapes are genius.

I believe playing this game with open cards is already a challenge to find the matching pairs. I just imagine how difficult it would be to play it as an old fashioned memory with the pictures covered… At least one would have to reduce the number of pairs significantly…

Great thing, thank you so much!

Willi