* [NTG-context] issue with module update
@ 2024-03-11 15:57 Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-11 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Dear list,

I have just updated a module named PresVoz.

I get the standard directory
(https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/presvoz/) and
(https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/presvoz-{%version%}.zip), but no
https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/presvoz.zip (with current version).

So when updating the module, I get it only uninstalled.

The two most recent updates (this one and the one before) had this issue.

Is there something I am missing here?

Many thanks your your help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: issue with module update
@ 2024-03-11 16:17 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2024-03-11 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 11 Mar 2024, at 16:57, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> Dear list,
>
> I have just updated a module named PresVoz.
>
> I get the standard directory
> (https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/presvoz/) and
> (https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/presvoz-{%version%}.zip), but no
> https://modules.contextgarden.net/dl/presvoz.zip (with current version).
>
> So when updating the module, I get it only uninstalled.
>
> The two most recent updates (this one and the one before) had this issue.
>
> Is there something I am missing here?

One of your releases had “changed-name” as its release ‘number’.

The modules site does not know how to deal with non-numeric release names all that well; it made a mess of its symlinking stage.

I fixed the symlink manually, it should be fine now.

Best wishes,
Taco

—
Taco Hoekwater              E: taco@bittext.nl
genderfluid (all pronouns)

@ 2024-03-11 18:22   ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-11 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 3/11/24 17:17, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> On 11 Mar 2024, at 16:57, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> Is there something I am missing here?
>
> One of your releases had “changed-name” as its release ‘number’.
>
> The modules site does not know how to deal with non-numeric release
> names all that well; it made a mess of its symlinking stage.
>
> I fixed the symlink manually, it should be fine now.

Really sorry for causing you problems when updating the modules, Taco.

I had no idea that non-numeric releases were problematic with symbolic
linking.

I made that change to avoid having two releases with the same date (I
think this also may give issues with symlinks).

Well, I realize that if I make a wrong release, I have to number the new
version with only numbers (and maybe points instead of hyphens).

Sorry again for giving problems and many thanks for your work,