* [***SPAM***] Headers on Empty Page at End of Chapter
@ 2013-06-25  5:24 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2013-06-25  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

When you setup your chapters such that a chapter always starts on a right page, you naturally get the occasional empty left page just before that. I have my headers setup like this

  \setupheadertexts[chapter][section]

I get the chapter and section name of the previous section printed in the header of that empty page, but I want that page just empty. Is there a way?

Regards,
Malte.

--
“The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder... Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.”

― Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

* Re: [***SPAM***] Headers on Empty Page at End of Chapter
@ 2013-06-25 12:38 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-06-25 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.06.2013 um 07:24 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:

> Hello,
>
> When you setup your chapters such that a chapter always starts on a right page, you naturally get the occasional empty left page just before that. I have my headers setup like this
>
>  \setupheadertexts[chapter][section]
>
> I get the chapter and section name of the previous section printed in the header of that empty page, but I want that page just empty. Is there a way?

You have to use

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [page={yes,header,right}]

to disable the header on empty left pages before a new chapter.

Wolfgang

* Re: [***SPAM***] Headers on Empty Page at End of Chapter
@ 2013-06-25 12:56   ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2013-06-25 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

That works, thank you.
Malte.

--

On 25/06/2013, at 10:38 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 25.06.2013 um 07:24 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When you setup your chapters such that a chapter always starts on a right page, you naturally get the occasional empty left page just before that. I have my headers setup like this
>>
>> \setupheadertexts[chapter][section]
>>
>> I get the chapter and section name of the previous section printed in the header of that empty page, but I want that page just empty. Is there a way?
>
> You have to use
>
> \setuphead
>  [chapter]
>  [page={yes,header,right}]
>
> to disable the header on empty left pages before a new chapter.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Headers on Empty Page at End of Chapter
@ 2013-07-02  4:05   ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2013-07-02  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang,

Actually, I just realised this only works if the next page (the right page following the empty left page) is the first page of a chapter in the bodymatter. That is, it does not work in the following two cases:

- If the next page is the first page of the first appendix
- If there is no next page, ie. for the last page of the document

In both those cases, I would like for no footers and headers to appear, but currently they do.

Thank you,
Malte.

--

@ 2013-07-02  7:24     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-02  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.07.2013 um 06:05 schrieb Malte Stien <malte@stien.de>:

> Wolfgang,
>
> Actually, I just realised this only works if the next page (the right page following the empty left page) is the first page of a chapter in the bodymatter. That is, it does not work in the following two cases:
>
> - If the next page is the first page of the first appendix

This happens because sectionblocks force a right page at the start of each block, you can disable this with

\setupsectionblock[page=yes] % default: page=right

> - If there is no next page, ie. for the last page of the document

This should also be solved with the solution above. When the number still appears you can try to add \page[last] at the end of your document.

@ 2013-07-05  9:40       ` Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2013-07-05  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang,

Thank you for this. I do actually like the empty page, I just don't like the header and footer on there. So, after you your hint I managed to turn that off with

  \setupsectionblock[page={yes, header, footer, right}]

Regards,
Malte.