* contextgarden wiki
@ 2023-03-29 22:23 Jim via ntg-context
From: Jim via ntg-context @ 2023-03-29 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Jim

At https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Wiki:About there is a Contact section,
including

        For general questions (any questions!), start a new topic on the
        Context_wiki:Discussions page.

        If you need the help of an administrator, there is a list of
        administrators at Context_wiki:Administrators.

There are *no* topics on the Discussions page, and the Administrators page
doesn't exist.  This causes me to be concerned that no one is there.

Is anyone there?

In case anyone wonders why I am asking... I was looking at the wiki page
for "\listing", which is no longer in Mk IV (and may also not be in Mk II
(I didn't check)).  In 2015 both Hans and Wolfgang mentioned in this list
that the command was gone.

I just edited the wiki to note that the command was gone, should anyone
venture there, but I think even better would be to delete the wiki page
entirely.  However, that sounds like a decision for senior management, and
I was going to ask them, but I couldn't find the right corner office.

Thoughts?

                                Jim

* Re: contextgarden wiki
@ 2023-03-30  7:31 ` Taco Hoekwater via ntg-context
From: Taco Hoekwater via ntg-context @ 2023-03-30  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 30 Mar 2023, at 00:23, Jim via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> At https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Wiki:About there is a Contact section,
> including
>
>        For general questions (any questions!), start a new topic on the
>        Context_wiki:Discussions page.
>
>        If you need the help of an administrator, there is a list of
>        administrators at Context_wiki:Administrators.
>
> There are *no* topics on the Discussions page, and the Administrators page
> doesn't exist.  This causes me to be concerned that no one is there.
>
> Is anyone there?

Yes! And I fixed the missing interwiki prefix. The pages actually exist, but the link prefix didn’t.

> In case anyone wonders why I am asking... I was looking at the wiki page
> for "\listing", which is no longer in Mk IV (and may also not be in Mk II
> (I didn't check)).  In 2015 both Hans and Wolfgang mentioned in this list
> that the command was gone.

You meant "\nolist”. I am sure there are more obsolete command pages, but they are not easy to find. I edited this page by using the also obsolete \couplepage as an example.

Berst wishes,
Taco

—
Taco Hoekwater              E: taco@bittext.nl
genderfluid (all pronouns)

* Re: contextgarden wiki
@ 2023-03-30 13:47   ` Jim via ntg-context
From: Jim via ntg-context @ 2023-03-30 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 09:31 (+0200), Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> On 30 Mar 2023, at 00:23, Jim via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

>> At https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Wiki:About there is a Contact section,
>> including

>> For general questions (any questions!), start a new topic on the
>> Context_wiki:Discussions page.

>> If you need the help of an administrator, there is a list of
>> administrators at Context_wiki:Administrators.

>> There are *no* topics on the Discussions page, and the Administrators page
>> doesn't exist.  This causes me to be concerned that no one is there.

>> Is anyone there?

> Yes!  And I fixed the missing interwiki prefix.  The pages actually exist,
> but the link prefix didn’t.

Thanks very much, it is a good help.

>> In case anyone wonders why I am asking... I was looking at the wiki page
>> for "\listing", which is no longer in Mk IV (and may also not be in Mk II
>> (I didn't check)).  In 2015 both Hans and Wolfgang mentioned in this list
>> that the command was gone.

> You meant "\nolist”.

I did.  Mea culpa.

> I am sure there are more obsolete command pages, but they are not easy to
> find.  I edited this page by using the also obsolete \couplepage as an
> example.

Thanks, if I come across any more pages I can identify as obsolete, I'll
mark them in a similar way.

(I am working my way through A Not So Short Introduction to ConTeXt Mark IV
and the author occasionally says something like "I couldn't get this to
work", which is how I came across \nolist.  Perhaps on a rainy day I'll
hunt through that document and it will reveal some other obsolete commands.)

Cheers.

                                Jim