* No pagebreak before chapter
@ 2021-12-23 19:15 juh via ntg-context
From: juh via ntg-context @ 2021-12-23 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

if I don't want pagebreaks before a chapter, I can do this:

\setuphead
    [chapter,title]
    [style=\tfb,
     align=center,
     number=no,
     after=,
     page=no,
     sectionsegments=chapter,
     header=empty]

In my project this does not work. All chapters start on a new page.

What can I do to debug my code?

I search for "page=" or "pagebreak" but found no configuration that can
cause chapters to insert a pagebreak before.

Merry Chrismas to all of you!
juh

* Re: No pagebreak before chapter
@ 2021-12-23 20:31 ` Rik Kabel via ntg-context
From: Rik Kabel via ntg-context @ 2021-12-23 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Rik Kabel

On 2021-12-23 14:15, juh via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> if I don't want pagebreaks before a chapter, I can do this:
>
> \setuphead
>      [chapter,title]
>      [style=\tfb,
>       align=center,
>       number=no,
>       after=,
>       page=no,
>       sectionsegments=chapter,
>       header=empty]
>

> In my project this does not work. All chapters start on a new page.
>
> What can I do to debug my code?
>
> I search for "page=" or "pagebreak" but found no configuration that can
> cause chapters to insert a pagebreak before.
>
> Merry Chrismas to all of you!
> juh

Pagebreak before chapter heading is the default behavior, so you are not
likely to find an explicit instance of it being set.

Do the other settings in your \setuphead come through (align, style,
number? What is the scope of the \setuphead command -- is it restricted
to a particular section block (frontpart, bodypart, backpart, appendix)?
Is this command overridden by a later \setuphead command within the same
scope?

--
Rik