* No inverse Search when using \usepath
@ 2020-07-11 15:22 Gerhard Schramm
From: Gerhard Schramm @ 2020-07-11 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello List,

Greetings to all members! This is my first post here...
Relatively new in Context, I've loved it since the first minute!

I write technical manuals with Context.
Some chapters of the manuals are depending on the type of the machine
which are described in the manual.

I try  to use \usepath  to load the right texfile from different
folders.   My variable for searching the correct folder is \machinename.
\machinename is set before compiling

The folders are:
/MakeText/Ang/machineA/techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
/MakeText/Ang/machineB/techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
/MakeText/Ang/machineX/techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex

Tex example:

\usepath[/MakeText/Ang/\machinename/]
\input   /techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
\input   /otherfolder/otherfile.tex
\input...

I can compile and I get a nice PDF,  but the inverse search is not
possible. (I use Sumatra and Notepad++)
NPP only looks at the path after    \input... /techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex

Do any of you know a workaround  for this?
Is   \usepath the suited command?

Thank you in advance!

Gerhard

* Re: No inverse Search when using \usepath
@ 2020-07-11 16:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-07-11 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/11/2020 5:22 PM, Gerhard Schramm wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Greetings to all members! This is my first post here...
> Relatively new in Context, I've loved it since the first minute!
>
> I write technical manuals with Context.
> Some chapters of the manuals are depending on the type of the machine
> which are described in the manual.
>
> I try  to use \usepath  to load the right texfile from different
> folders.   My variable for searching the correct folder is \machinename.
> \machinename is set before compiling
>
> The folders are:
> /MakeText/Ang/machineA/techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
> /MakeText/Ang/machineB/techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
> /MakeText/Ang/machineX/techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex

You can also do this (thatfile.tex):

\starttext

\usepath[/foo/\getdocumentargument{machine}/whatever]

see what we have:

/foo/\getdocumentargument{machine}/whatever

\stoptext

run as:

   context thatfile.tex --machine=mymachine

or maybe

    context thatfile.tex --path=mymachine

is also sufficient

> Tex example:
>
> \usepath[/MakeText/Ang/\machinename/]
> \input   /techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
> \input   /otherfolder/otherfile.tex
> \input...

> I can compile and I get a nice PDF,  but the inverse search is not
> possible. (I use Sumatra and Notepad++)
> NPP only looks at the path after    \input... /techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
>
> Do any of you know a workaround  for this?
> Is   \usepath the suited command?
What do you mean with 'inverse search'?

Hans

* Re: No inverse Search when using \usepath
@ 2020-07-11 19:54   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-07-11 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 11.07.2020 um 18:08 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:
>> I can compile and I get a nice PDF,  but the inverse search is not possible. (I use Sumatra and Notepad++)
>> NPP only looks at the path after    \input... /techdaten/Ang_techdaten.tex
>> Do any of you know a workaround  for this?
>> Is   \usepath the suited command?
> What do you mean with 'inverse search'?

He probably means SyncTeX.

Hraban

* Re: No inverse Search when using \usepath
@ 2020-07-22  7:03     ` Aradenatorix Veckhôm Avecælus
From: Aradenatorix Veckhôm Avecælus @ 2020-07-22  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think so. In fact, I have this doubt, can you use synctex with
ConTeXt or do you have something that works like it?

* Re: No inverse Search when using \usepath
@ 2020-07-22  8:47       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-07-22  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/22/2020 9:03 AM, Aradenatorix Veckhôm Avecælus wrote:
> I think so. In fact, I have this doubt, can you use synctex with
> ConTeXt or do you have something that works like it?

You have to enable it:

\setupsynctex[state=start]

because it adds quite some overhead.

Hans