* Help needed with Custodia typescript
@ 2022-05-25 16:20 Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context
From: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I'm trying to set up Custodia in LMTX, but the custodiasemibolditalic won't
show up. It shows up regularly when I run mtxrun --script fonts --list
--all --pattern=Custodia

I'm attaching the output for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Stefan

\definefontalternative[md]

\definefontalternative[mi]

\starttypescript [serif] [custodia]

\definefontsynonym[Serif] [name:custodianormal][features=default]

\definefontsynonym[SerifItalic]
[name:custodianormalitalic][features=default]

\definefontsynonym[SerifMedium] [name:custodiasemibold][features=default]

\definefontsynonym[SerifMediumItalic]
[name:custodiasemibolditalic][features=default]

\definefontsynonym[SerifBold] [name:custodiabold][features=default]

\definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic]
[name:custodiabolditalic][features=default]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [custodia]

\definebodyfont [default] [rm]

[

tf=Serif sa 1,

it=SerifItalic sa 1,

md=SerifMedium sa 1,

mi=SerifMediumItalic sa 1,

bf=SerifBold sa 1,

bi=SerifBoldItalic sa 1]

\stoptypescript

\definetypeface [custodia] [rm] [serif] [custodia] [default]

\usetypescript[custodia][uc]

\setupbodyfont[custodia,rm,10pt]

\starttext

Regular Hamburgerfons,

{\it Italic Hamburgerfons},

{\md Medium Hamburgerfons},

{\mi Medium Italic Hamburgerfons},

{\bf Bold Hamburgerfons},

{\bi Bold Italic Hamburgerfons},\\

\setff{smallcaps}{Small Caps Hamburgerfons},

\setff{smallcaps}{\it Small Caps Italic Hamburgerfons},

\setff{smallcaps}{\md Small Caps Medium Hamburgerfons},

\setff{smallcaps}{\mi Small Caps Medium Italic Hamburgerfons},

\setff{smallcaps}{\bf Small Caps Bold Hamburgerfons},

\setff{smallcaps}{\bi Small Caps Bold Italic Hamburgerfons}

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: fonts2.pdf --]

* Re: Help needed with Custodia typescript
@ 2022-05-25 16:29 ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Hi Stefan,

I never used \definebodyfont but either \definefontfamily or typescripts
with \definefontsynonym.

Did you try \definefontfamily[custodia][rm][Custodia] ?

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definefontfamily

Hraban

@ 2022-05-25 16:44   ` Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context
From: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

It doesn't work for medium weights, as it is not standard. I took my
solution from Wolfgang, here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/303648/context-font-weights

@ 2022-05-25 17:11     ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah, sorry, didn’t know that. I can’t find an error in your code, but I
don’t have the (commercial) font to test. What’s the output of the
mtxrun font lookup?
Did you try a different shortcut from "mi"?

Hraban

@ 2022-05-25 17:35       ` Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context
From: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=Custodia
identifier               familyname   fontname                 filename
                 subfont   instances

custodiabold             custodia     custodiabold
Custodia-Bold.ttf
custodiabolditalic       custodia     custodiabolditalic
Custodia-BoldItalic.ttf
custodiaitalic           custodia     custodianormalitalic
Custodia-NormalItalic.ttf
custodianormal           custodia     custodianormal
Custodia-Normal.ttf
custodianormalitalic     custodia     custodianormalitalic
Custodia-NormalItalic.ttf
custodiaregular          custodia     custodianormal
Custodia-Normal.ttf
custodiasemibold         custodia     custodiasemibold
Custodia-SemiBold.ttf
custodiasemibolditalic   custodia     custodiasemibolditalic
Custodia-SemiBoldItalic.ttf

I tried a different name, but the result was the same.

@ 2022-05-25 17:39         ` Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context
From: Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Actually I got lucky just now:

\definefontalternative[md]

\definefontalternative[mc]

Works just fine. Thank you for your suggestion Henning!

@ 2022-05-25 17:49           ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-05-25 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Congrats!
While I don’t know what \mi is, it’s apparently protected. Maybe there’s
a hint in the log.