* Font scaling via sa in LMTX
@ 2021-11-30 20:36 Rik Kabel via ntg-context
From: Rik Kabel via ntg-context @ 2021-11-30 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Rik Kabel

Hello list,

It seems that font scaling to a letter is not working consistently in LMTX.

This example:

    \definefont[TitleA][Sans sa a]
    \definefont[TitleAB][Sansbold sa a]
    \starttext
    {\ssa This is ssa \TitleA and this is TitleA}\par
    {\ssbf This is ssbf \TitleAB and this is TitleAB}\par
    \contextbanner
    \stoptext

Produces different relevant output with each engine.

I suppose one could use numeric values instead of defined font size
letters as a work-around, but that means lack of coordination with
custom sizes in \definebodyfontenvironment.

--
Rik

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1144 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: CBkZqhaRSUVULqIj.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 15414 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.3: v3qnNNzMJI5xaw0q.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 15198 bytes --]

* Re: Font scaling via sa in LMTX
@ 2021-12-01 15:40 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-12-01 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/30/2021 9:36 PM, Rik Kabel via ntg-context wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> It seems that font scaling to a letter is not working consistently in LMTX.
>
> This example:
>
>     \definefont[TitleA][Sans sa a]
>     \definefont[TitleAB][Sansbold sa a]
>     \starttext
>     {\ssa This is ssa \TitleA and this is TitleA}\par
>     {\ssbf This is ssbf \TitleAB and this is TitleAB}\par
>     \contextbanner
>     \stoptext
>
> Produces different relevant output with each engine.
>
> I suppose one could use numeric values instead of defined font size
> letters as a work-around, but that means lack of coordination with
> custom sizes in \definebodyfontenvironment.

fixed in the next upload (which is a bit experimental in the sense that
some low level consistency renaming happened which always has the danger
of disabling some feature)

Hans

* Re: Font scaling via sa in LMTX
@ 2022-01-19 17:24   ` Rik Kabel via ntg-context
From: Rik Kabel via ntg-context @ 2022-01-19 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2021-12-01 10:40, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11/30/2021 9:36 PM, Rik Kabel via ntg-context wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> It seems that font scaling to a letter is not working consistently in
>> LMTX.
>>
>> This example:
>>
>>     \definefont[TitleA][Sans sa a]
>>     \definefont[TitleAB][Sansbold sa a]
>>     \starttext
>>     {\ssa This is ssa \TitleA and this is TitleA}\par
>>     {\ssbf This is ssbf \TitleAB and this is TitleAB}\par
>>     \contextbanner
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> Produces different relevant output with each engine.
>>
>> I suppose one could use numeric values instead of defined font size
>> letters as a work-around, but that means lack of coordination with
>> custom sizes in \definebodyfontenvironment.
>
> fixed in the next upload (which is a bit experimental in the sense
> that some low level consistency renaming happened which always has the
> danger of disabling some feature)
>
> Hans

This is still a problem using yesterday's upload.

--
Rik

* Re: Font scaling via sa in LMTX
@ 2022-01-19 18:34     ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-01-19 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/19/2022 6:24 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> On 2021-12-01 10:40, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 11/30/2021 9:36 PM, Rik Kabel via ntg-context wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> It seems that font scaling to a letter is not working consistently in
>>> LMTX.
>>>
>>> This example:
>>>
>>>     \definefont[TitleA][Sans sa a]
>>>     \definefont[TitleAB][Sansbold sa a]
>>>     \starttext
>>>     {\ssa This is ssa \TitleA and this is TitleA}\par
>>>     {\ssbf This is ssbf \TitleAB and this is TitleAB}\par
>>>     \contextbanner
>>>     \stoptext
>>>
>>> Produces different relevant output with each engine.
>>>
>>> I suppose one could use numeric values instead of defined font size
>>> letters as a work-around, but that means lack of coordination with
>>> custom sizes in \definebodyfontenvironment.
>>
>> fixed in the next upload (which is a bit experimental in the sense
>> that some low level consistency renaming happened which always has the
>> danger of disabling some feature)
>>
>> Hans
>>
> This is still a problem using yesterday's upload.
I'll check it but you anyway need SansBold (B)

* Re: Font scaling via sa in LMTX
@ 2022-01-22  2:16       ` Rik Kabel via ntg-context
From: Rik Kabel via ntg-context @ 2022-01-22  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2022-01-19 13:34, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 1/19/2022 6:24 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:

>>> fixed in the next upload (which is a bit experimental in the sense
>>> that some low level consistency renaming happened which always has
>>> the danger of disabling some feature)
>>>
>>> Hans
>>>
>> This is still a problem using yesterday's upload.
> I'll check it but you anyway need SansBold (B)

Thank you for the fix.