* To prepare the online meeting of Tuesday
@ 2021-11-06 11:37 Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
From: Alain Delmotte via ntg-context @ 2021-11-06 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liste ConTeXt; +Cc: Alain Delmotte

* Re: To prepare the online meeting of Tuesday
@ 2021-11-06 13:47 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-11-06 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/6/2021 12:37 PM, Alain Delmotte via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I asked to discuss or have some suggestions about installing and using
> Scite for ConTeXt.
>
> If it is possible OK, but it is not urgent.
>
> To give some background:
> I use Windows 10 and lmtx (in its own folder).
> I installed Scite in c:\wscite and copied there the scite\context
> folder; I added the folder to the PATH.
>
> If I comment the line (import context/scite-context-user) at the end of
> SciteGlobalproperties I can load .lua, .tex, .py files and I get the
> colours highlighting.
>
> But if I uncomment: first I have Scite opening full screen, which is
> annoying, and the colour highlighting for .lua, and .tex disappears, but
> I have the context/scite.xxx.properties listed in Options!!!
>
> And I still need to configure to be able to compile and...
Did you use the cont-sci-zip file from thre website? There are two files
in the binary subpath there. It's just scite but with two patches (1)
the lua-editor interface - this one will be in upcoming scites - and (2)
a lua lpeg library as part of the main lua instance - i hope that one
that that will be in stock scite. So, we're using standard built in
methods (which is more reliable) combined with lpeg lexers (which sort
of reverted back to what a had in context already before we had them for
scite). The properties etc files are for those binaries. This also
permits some future additions (one thing already in place is
autocompletion of commands).

The lexers that currently ship with context assume these binaries being
used. I know that there are still some issues. There is some tricky
synchronization involved which I will sort out in due time (it has to do
with some to-be-reliable optimizations for huge files); afer all I use
scite myself so it better work ok.

If you don't see colors, you can always select language from teh pull
down menu to have a lexing run.

Hans