* Disappearing footnote in figure / tabulate
       [not found] <fd9d662e9e354b5194231ebe0b22a41a@unibe.ch>
@ 2023-03-02  8:21 ` Denis Maier via ntg-context
From: Denis Maier via ntg-context @ 2023-03-02  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: denis.maier

I have a strange case where a footnote in a tabulate disappears. Strangely, I *cannot* reproduce the behaviour in the MWE below. At first, I thought it must have something to do with \startpostponingnotes, but it seems that this currently isnt't necessary anymore, or at least only for extreme tables. Is that correct?

I'll try to narrow it down. Any hints how I could debug that issue?

As I'm again working with XML files: Is it possible that this behaviour is caused by some sort of nested setups which makes the footnotes not bubble up?

Best,
Denis

\startbuffer[test]
<?xml version='1.0' standalone='yes?>
<document>
  <figure>
  </figure>
    <figure>
  </figure>
</document>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:test
\xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{document|table-wrap|table|figure|p|footnote}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:test}

\startxmlsetups xml:document
  \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:p
  \xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:footnote
  \footnote{\xmlflush{#1}}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:figure
  \startplacefigure[title={Test},location={force,split}]
    \xmlflush{#1}
  \stopplacefigure
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:table-wrap
  \startpostponingnotes
    \xmlflush{#1}
  \stoppostponingnotes
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:table
  \startpostponingnotes
    \starttabulate[|p|p|]
                  \xmlfilter{#1}{/tr/command(xml:table:tr)}
    \stoptabulate
  \stoppostponingnotes
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:table:tr
                \xmlfilter{#1}{/td/command(xml:table:tr:td)}\NC\NR
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:table:tr:td
                \NC \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
\xmlprocessbuffer{test}{test}{}

\startplacetable
\starttabulate[|p|p|]
\NC a\footnote{3}\NC b\NC\NR
\stoptabulate
\stopplacetable

\startplacetable
\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD One\footnote{4} \eTD \bTD two \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD One \eTD \bTD two \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\stopplacetable

% \startpostponingnotes
\startplacetable
\startxtable
\startxrow
\startxcell a\footnote{5}\stopxcell
\startxcell b\footnote{6}\stopxcell
\stopxrow
\stopxtable
\stopplacetable
% \stoppostponingnotes

\stoptext

* Re: Disappearing footnote in figure / tabulate
@ 2023-03-02 10:49   ` Denis Maier via ntg-context
From: Denis Maier via ntg-context @ 2023-03-02 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: denis.maier

Ok, I've somehow managed to isolate the issue in my real document. There, the issue happens only when a new paragraph starts after the tabulate. If there's nothing after the tabulate, the footnotes appears... Also, if I'm using location=page, the footnote will also appear. That's what I'm using now, so there's no urgency for me now. (But does that maybe already indicate the source of the issue ?)

Anyway, I still find the behaviour somewhat weird. I'll try to come up with a MWE. Any hints how to best proceed are still highly appreciated.

Best,
Denis

@ 2023-03-02 13:14     ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2023-03-02 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 3/2/2023 11:49 AM, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:
> Ok, I’ve somehow managed to isolate the issue in my real document.
> There, the issue happens only when a new paragraph starts after the
> tabulate. If there’s nothing after the tabulate, the footnotes
> appears... Also, if I’m using location=page, the footnote will also
> appear. That’s what I’m using now, so there’s no urgency for me now.
> (But does that maybe already indicate the source of the issue ?)
>
> Anyway, I still find the behaviour somewhat weird. I’ll try to come up
> with a MWE. Any hints how to best proceed are still highly appreciated.
i need to deal with insert migrations in xtables ... will do

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE