* Is there a "smart" capitalisation implementation?
@ 2022-05-08  4:55 Zhichu via ntg-context
From: Zhichu via ntg-context @ 2022-05-08  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am going to convince the Board of a journal to consider ConTeXt as an additional option.
I want to make a module before I say anything. Right now I have this title problem.

The journal requires the titles to be CAPITALISED, except for the acronyms. I'm currently
using backticks `...` to wrap it and replace it with \egroup ...\WORD\bgroup{} with
lpeg. This kinda works, but that's so ugly. Besides, the actual story is that I also want to
add markdown as an option, so the backticks actually have meanings.

I also checked the typo-cap.lua file to get a clue. But I used to use TeX exclusively
and I have to admit that it's so overwhelming for a newbie.

I really like the way where bibtex treats words enclosed in curly braces are ignored.
Or are there something that's less aggressive than \WORD so the LaTeX trick works:
\def\NoCaseChange#1{\noexpand\NoCaseChange{\noexpand#1}}

Best wishes,
ℤhichu ℂhen

* Re: Is there a "smart" capitalisation implementation?
@ 2022-05-08  9:20 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-05-08  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhichu via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 5/8/2022 6:55 AM, Zhichu via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to convince the Board of a journal to consider ConTeXt as an
> additional option.
> I want to make a module before I say anything. Right now I have this
> title problem.
>
> The journal requires the titles to be CAPITALISED, except for the
> acronyms. I'm currently
> using backticks`...`to wrap it and replace it with\egroup
> ...\WORD\bgroup{} with
> lpeg. This kinda works, but that's so ugly. Besides, the actual story is
> that I also want to
> add markdown as an option, so the backticks actually have meanings.
>
> I also checked thetypo-cap.luafile to get a clue. But I used to use TeX
> exclusively
> and I have to admit that it's so overwhelming for a newbie.
>
> I really like the way wherebibtextreats words enclosed in curly braces
> are ignored.
> Or are there something that's less aggressive than\WORDso the LaTeX
> trick works:
> \def\NoCaseChange#1{\noexpand\NoCaseChange{\noexpand#1}}
\starttext

     \protected\def\casing[#1]{\groupedcommand{\setcharactercasing[#1]}{}}
     \protected\def\nocasing
{\groupedcommand{\setcharactercasing[reset]}{}}

     \setuphead[chapter][textstyle=\WORD]

     \chapter{some \nocasing{kept} text or \casing[Word]{more} text}

\stoptext

* \placenotes ends up in wrong place when mixing one- and two- column layouts.
@ 2022-05-10  9:20   ` Zhichu Chen via ntg-context
From: Zhichu Chen via ntg-context @ 2022-05-10  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen via ntg-context; +Cc: Zhichu Chen

Thanks Hans, works perfectly.

Sorry for the late reply. Still working on the template and got another
one. Again, sorry.

The journal is in two-column form and the title, authors, and addresses
are spanned to

the full width. Very common. But the title may acknowledge to some
fund(s) and the

authors may have email addresses. If I use \note[thanks] and
\note[email] to do that,

only the markers are shown. That's expected. So I tried to put
\postponenotes before

the title and insert\placenotes[thanks] and \placenotes[email] after
\startcolumns. The

notes did show up but in wrong position.

I hope there's another magic switch, or I have to put the marks in the
title head and

put "real" but invisible notes in the two-column texts.

Thanks again, Hans.

Yours,

Zhichu

MWE (not that minimal):

\definenote[address]
\setupnote[address][rule=off,location=text]

\definenote[thanks]
\setupnote[thanks][location=firstcolumn]
\setupnotation[thanks][numberconversion=set 2]
\definenote[email][thanks]

\definenamespace
    [addr]
    [type=module,
     name=address,
     command=yes,
     setup=list,
     parent=addr,
   ]

\define[1]\useaddress
     {\edef\currentaddress{#1}%
      {\setnotetext[address][#1]{\addressparameter{name}}}%
     \endgraf
     }

\starttext

\setupaddress[style=italic]
\defineaddress[fst][name={Name of Institute or Affiliation, City, Country}]
\defineaddress[snd][name={Name of Secondary Institute or Affiliation,
City, Country}]

\processcommacommand[fst,snd]\useaddress

\postponenotes

The Title\thanks{Work supported by somebody.}

%\startlocalnotes[address]
Me\email{myemail@some.where}\high{,}\note[address][fst]\high{,}\note[address][snd]
%\placelocalnotes[address]
%\stoplocalnotes