* [NTG-context] OT: funny units
@ 2023-08-01  6:14 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2023-08-01  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

WRT to funny units consider this thread (in German):

https://ruhrpott.social/@Matze/110812742577889798

Matze wrote:

I read the 'as big as a song thrush' as a size and I find that we should
set 'song thrush' as a standard unit for 20-22 cm.

Text problem:
Calculate how many square song thrush amount to a Saarland.

(Saarland is the smallest federal country of Germany that is not only a
city and often quoted for size comparison.)

Magdalena calculated that with a given song thrush size of 20cm, one
square song thrush is 400 cm² and a Saarland is about 64,250,000,000
square song thrush.

;)
HR

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-08-01  6:16 UTC | newest]