* [NTG-context] missing metadata in LMTX
@ 2024-03-03 19:02 Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-03 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Dear list,

this issue has been bugging me for some time:

  \startbuffer[demo]
  <doc>
       <author>author</author>
       <title>title</title>
    <text>
      text
    </text>
  </doc>
  \stopbuffer

  \starttext

  \startxmlsetups xml:initialize
    \xmlsetsetup{#1}{code|meta|text}{xml:*}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}

  \startxmlsetups xml:doc
    \xmlflush{#1}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \startxmlsetups xml:meta
    \setupinteraction
      [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
       title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]
  \stopxmlsetups

  \startxmlsetups xml:text
     \xmlflush{#1}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \setupinteraction[state=start]
  \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{demo}{}
  \stoptext

With LuaTeX, I get PDF metadata. With LuaMetaTeX, I cannot get them.

For both, I’m using current latest (from 2024.02.27 09:21).

Could anyone confirm the issue or explain me what I am missing?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: missing metadata in LMTX
@ 2024-03-04  0:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-03-04  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 03.03.2024 um 20:02:
> Dear list,
>
> this issue has been bugging me for some time:
>
> [...]
>
> With LuaTeX, I get PDF metadata. With LuaMetaTeX, I cannot get them.
>
> For both, I’m using current latest (from 2024.02.27 09:21).
>
> Could anyone confirm the issue or explain me what I am missing

I can confirm the issue and it happens because Hans changed they way
how the values of the \setupinteraction commands are passed to Lua
side of ConTeXt to be written to the PDF file.

I can provide at the moment solutions which ensure the information
appear in the PDF but none of the is very elegant and I hope Hans
can help with a clean solution.

The first solution works around the grouping issue of the xmlsetups
environment and pushes the setting beyond the limit of it.

\startxmlsetups xml:meta
   \aftergrouped{\setupinteraction
     [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
      title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]}
\stopxmlsetups

The second solution makes the assignment to the \setupinteraction
command global to ensure they are kept even the environment ends,
int old MkII days ConTeXt provided a \startglobal environment to
do this but now I have rely on the primitives.

\startxmlsetups xml:meta
   \globaldefs\plusone
   \setupinteraction
     [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
      title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]
   \globaldefs\zerocount
\stopxmlsetups

Wolfgang

@ 2024-03-04  6:17   ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-04  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 3/4/24 01:18, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 03.03.2024 um 20:02:
>> [...]
>> With LuaTeX, I get PDF metadata. With LuaMetaTeX, I cannot get them.
>> [...]
> I can confirm the issue and it happens because Hans changed they way
> how the values of the \setupinteraction commands are passed to Lua
> side of ConTeXt to be written to the PDF file.

Many thanks for your reply and your explanation, Wolfgang.

> I can provide at the moment solutions which ensure the information
> appear in the PDF but none of the is very elegant and I hope Hans
> can help with a clean solution.

The first one avoids the issue until Hans provides a final fix.

@ 2024-03-05 22:14     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-03-05 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 04.03.2024 um 07:17:
> On 3/4/24 01:18, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 03.03.2024 um 20:02:
>>> [...]
>>> With LuaTeX, I get PDF metadata. With LuaMetaTeX, I cannot get them.
>>> [...]
>> I can confirm the issue and it happens because Hans changed they way
>> how the values of the \setupinteraction commands are passed to Lua
>> side of ConTeXt to be written to the PDF file.
>
> Many thanks for your reply and your explanation, Wolfgang.
>
>> I can provide at the moment solutions which ensure the information
>> appear in the PDF but none of the is very elegant and I hope Hans
>> can help with a clean solution.
>
> The first one avoids the issue until Hans provides a final fix.

Here is the official solution:

\startxmlsetups xml:meta
   \setupmetadata
     [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
      title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]
\stopxmlsetups

The command is new and accepts the following keys:

   - title
   - subtitle
   - author
   - keyword
   - date

Wolfgang

@ 2024-03-06 10:18       ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2024-03-06 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 23:14:04 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the official solution:
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:meta
>    \setupmetadata
>      [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
>       title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]
> \stopxmlsetups

So now we have:

\setupinteraction
  [title=FooBar]

\setupdocument
  [metadata:title=FooBar]

\setupmetadata
  [title=FooBar]

Are any of those deprecated or the preferred way? I'm starting to
get confused.

Marco

@ 2024-03-06 10:32         ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-03-06 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 06.03.24 um 11:18 schrieb Marco Patzer:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 23:14:04 +0100
> Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the official solution:
>>
>> \startxmlsetups xml:meta
>>     \setupmetadata
>>       [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
>>        title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]
>> \stopxmlsetups
>
> So now we have:
>
> \setupinteraction
>    [title=FooBar]
>
> \setupdocument
>    [metadata:title=FooBar]
>
> \setupmetadata
>    [title=FooBar]
>
> Are any of those deprecated or the preferred way? I'm starting to
> get confused.

There’s also \settaggedmetadata; I actually didn’t know \setupmetadata.
Both are missing in the wiki yet.
Also https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupinteraction doesn’t
talk about metadata. Sigh.

AFAIK the metadata from \setupinteraction is used for everything, as
long as you don’t overwrite it elsewhere.

Hraban

@ 2024-03-06 14:54         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2024-03-06 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/6/2024 11:18 AM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 23:14:04 +0100
> Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the official solution:
>>
>> \startxmlsetups xml:meta
>>     \setupmetadata
>>       [author={\xmltext{#1}{/author}},
>>        title={\xmltext{#1}{/title}}]
>> \stopxmlsetups
>
> So now we have:
>
> \setupinteraction
>    [title=FooBar]
>
> \setupdocument
>    [metadata:title=FooBar]

that just sets defaults for \setupinteraction so that they inherit from
document

> \setupmetadata
>    [title=FooBar]

that's for those who go global

> Are any of those deprecated or the preferred way? I'm starting to
> get confused.

even if we would use \setupmetadata we'd still have \setupinteraction
because we remain compatible

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2024-03-06 15:52           ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-06 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 3/6/24 15:54, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
>> \setupmetadata
>>    [title=FooBar]
>
> that's for those who go global

Many thanks for the new command, Hans.

I‘m afraid this new command breaks my compilation.

The error message isn’t very helpful for me (see below).

I wonder whether this requires a minimal sample to be fixed.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

tex error       > tex error on line 0 in file : Argument of \D9>:title
has an extra }

<inserted text>

    \par }
<macro> \prerolltostring
    #1->\beginlocalcontrol \setbox \b_syst_boxes \hbox {\expand
\everypreroll #1}
    \normalexpanded {\setbox \b_syst_boxes \emptybox \endlocalcontrol
\boxtostring \b_syst_boxes }
<macro> \scrn_identity_get
    #1->\setidentityvariable {#1}{\prerolltostring
{\interactionparameter {#1}}
    }
<inserted text>

    [[special cmd: end local call]]
<initial input>

<empty file>
I've run across a '}' that doesn't seem to match anything. For example,
'\def\a#1{...}' and '\a}' would produce this error. The '\par' that I've
just
inserted will cause me to report a runaway argument that might be the
root of the
problem.
mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

@ 2024-03-06 16:35             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-03-06 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 06.03.2024 um 16:52:
> On 3/6/24 15:54, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>>> \setupmetadata
>>>     [title=FooBar]
>> that's for those who go global
> Many thanks for the new command, Hans.
>
> I‘m afraid this new command breaks my compilation.
>
> The error message isn’t very helpful for me (see below).
>
> I wonder whether this requires a minimal sample to be fixed.

Yes, a minimal example would help because \setupmetadata works in your
previous example.

Wolfgang

@ 2024-03-06 19:11               ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-06 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 3/6/24 17:35, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 06.03.2024 um 16:52:
>> [...]
>> I wonder whether this requires a minimal sample to be fixed.
>
> Yes, a minimal example would help because \setupmetadata works in your
> previous example.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

Now I have the minimal sample:

  \startbuffer[demo]
  <doc>
      <h2 class="author">author</h2>
    <text>
      text
    </text>
  </doc>
  \stopbuffer

  \starttext
  \startxmlsetups xml:initialize
    \xmlsetsetup{#1}{doc}{xml:*}

    \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}
      {(div|section)[@id='header']}
      {xml:meta}

   \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}
      {(h2|p)[contains(@class,'author')]}
      {xml:title:author}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}

  \startxmlsetups xml:doc
    \xmlflush{#1}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \startxmlsetups xml:text
    \xmlflush{#1}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \startxmlsetups xml:meta
    %\aftergrouped{\setupinteraction%
    \setupmetadata
     [author={\xmlconcat{#1}{/h2[contains(@class,'author')]}{, }}]
    %}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \startxmlsetups xml:title:author
    \xmlflush{#1}
  \stopxmlsetups

  \setupinteraction[state=start]
  \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{demo}{}
  \stoptext

With \setupmetadata it breaks compilation.

I know it is not the most elegant code, but in my real environment
xml:title:author outputs text.

@ 2024-03-06 19:23                 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-03-06 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 06.03.2024 um 20:11:
> On 3/6/24 17:35, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 06.03.2024 um 16:52:
>>> [...]
>>> I wonder whether this requires a minimal sample to be fixed.
>> Yes, a minimal example would help because \setupmetadata works in your
>> previous example.
> Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.
>
> Now I have the minimal sample:
>
> [...]