* [NTG-context] Width of captions and notes in outer margin not correct on even pages
@ 2024-01-09 19:54 Milan cel Mare via ntg-context
From: Milan cel Mare via ntg-context @ 2024-01-09 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Milan cel Mare

I have observed that the widths of captions and also notes on even pages
is not as I would expect them to be.

Reading through the documentation I figured out that the width for
captions has to be set manually when they are placed in the outer
margin. I did so by setting it to width=\outermarginwidth.

But it seems that for captions the width is derived from the inner
margin width on even pages.

The width of notes in the outer margin placed with \inouter is also off
on even pages. They are too narrow and do not "fill" the available space
(things seems to work for notes in inner margins though).

Here is an example:

\setuppapersize[A4]
\setuplayout[backspace=40mm, width=100mm, leftmargindistance=5mm,
leftmargin=30mm, rightmargindistance=5mm, rightmargin=50mm, topspace=10mm]
\setupcaptions[location={outermargin, low}, width=\outermarginwidth,
headcolor=red, color=green, style={\tfx\setupinterlinespace}, align=width]
\setupexternalfigures[location=default]
\setupmargindata[style={\tfx}, stack=yes]
\setupmargindata[inouter][color=orange]
\setupmargindata[ininner][color=blue]

\showframe

\starttext
\section{Margin Tests}
\input knuth
Some more stuff\inouter{Some multi-line text to be placed in the outer
margin to check whether it is positioned correctly.} to
read\inouter{Another multi-line text to be placed in the outer margin to
check whether it is positioned correctly.}.

\startplacefigure[title={A lengthy caption perfectly suited to perform
some tests, which cause lines to wrap.}]
{\externalfigure[cow][maxwidth=80mm]}
\stopplacefigure

More stuff\ininner{A1, A2, A3, A4 are well-known paper formats used in
Europe and in some other places.}.

\input zapf
Some more stuff\inouter{Some multi-line text to be placed in the outer
margin to check whether it is positioned correctly.} to read.

\startplacefigure[title=A SVG test with a long caption to cause line wraps.]
{\externalfigure[cow][maxwidth=70mm]}
\stopplacefigure

More stuff\ininner{A1, A2, A3, A4 are well-known paper formats used in
Europe and in some other places.} to read.

\input knuth

\stoptext

As a workaround the width for captions can be set to
width=\rightmarginwidth, but how can I solve the issue with the notes?

I am running ConteXt 2023.09.26 18:19 on Windows 10.

Thanks and best regards

Milan