* The use of \textfont in ConTeXt
@ 2023-07-05 13:40 Leah Neukirchen
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2023-07-05 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I've been porting Paul Taylor's prooftree.sty
(https://www.paultaylor.eu/proofs/) to ConTeXt, which seemed quite easy.
There's just one adjustment to make:

291c292
< \else   \dimen6=\fontdimen22\the\textfont2 % height of maths axis
---
> \else   \dimen6=\the\dimexpr\triggeredmathstyleparameter\Umathaxis % height of maths axis

It seems that ConTeXt stores the math font in \textfont0 instead
of \textfont2 as LaTeX does.

Now my question is: is \textfont2 used at all? (I grepped occurences
of \textfont0 and \textfont1) Then I could just copy the \textfont0 to
\textfont2 before loading the macro and would not require any patches.

--
Leah Neukirchen  <leah@vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org/

* Re: The use of \textfont in ConTeXt
@ 2023-07-05 14:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2023-07-05 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Leah,

> I've been porting Paul Taylor's prooftree.sty
> (https://www.paultaylor.eu/proofs/) to ConTeXt, which seemed quite easy.
> There's just one adjustment to make:
>
> 291c292
> < \else   \dimen6=\fontdimen22\the\textfont2 % height of maths axis
> ---
>> \else   \dimen6=\the\dimexpr\triggeredmathstyleparameter\Umathaxis % height of maths axis
>
> It seems that ConTeXt stores the math font in \textfont0 instead
> of \textfont2 as LaTeX does.

i don't know what / how latex does it but in context we have these
parameters in fam 0

> Now my question is: is \textfont2 used at all? (I grepped occurences
> of \textfont0 and \textfont1) Then I could just copy the \textfont0 to
> \textfont2 before loading the macro and would not require any patches.
indeed, just get it from fam zero, or

\the\Umathaxis\fam

assuming thta \fam has some reasonable value

(btw, assume opentype math fonts and not some old school 8 bit sssembly)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE