* [NTG-context] ConTeXt on RPI400
@ 2024-03-25 23:14 hf
From: hf @ 2024-03-25 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
I have installed ConTeXt on my Raspberry Pi 400 (aarch64), tried to typeset this simple file:
```
\starttext
First tex file to make, hello, world!
\stoptext

```
but the test failed:
```
$context hello-world.tex

mtxrun | forcing cache reload
resolvers | resolving | configuration files already identified
resolvers | resolving | skipping configuration file 'selfautoparent:/texmf-context/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' (no valid format)
resolvers | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers | resolving |
mtxrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-context.lua' using hash 'lua::mtx-context.lua'
resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-contexts.lua' using hash 'lua::mtx-contexts.lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-mtx-context.lua' using hash 'lua::mtx-t-mtx-context.lua'
resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-mtx-contexts.lua' using hash 'lua::mtx-t-mtx-contexts.lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-t-mtx-context.lua'
resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
mtxrun | unknown script 'mtx-context.lua' or 'mtx-mtx-context.lua'
```
What's wrong with my installation?
Best,
Hong Feng

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: ConTeXt on RPI400
@ 2024-03-26  2:47 ` Andres Conrado Montoya
From: Andres Conrado Montoya @ 2024-03-26  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can invoke it directly, with a complete path, and it will work even if
it's not in your $PATH variable. In my personal installation I have context
at `/home/andi/Apps/lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin`, so I can call it saying
`/home/andi/Apps/lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context hello-world.tex` and
it works fine.

Is the `texmf-<arch>/bin` folder in your $PATH? or did you create a symlink
to a known path folder? If the latter, that could be the cause of your
problem. You need the bin folder of context in your path variable. Can you
send the output of `echo $PATH`? Does it work if you invoke it with a full
path?

El lun, 25 mar 2024 a las 18:14, <hf@hongfeng.ch> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed ConTeXt on my Raspberry Pi 400 (aarch64), tried to
> typeset this simple file:
>
> ```
> \starttext
>
> First tex file to make, hello, world!
>
> \stoptext
> ```
>
> but the test failed:
>

> ```
> $context hello-world.tex
> mtxrun | forcing cache reload
> resolvers | resolving | configuration files already identified
> resolvers | resolving | skipping configuration file
> 'selfautoparent:/texmf-context/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' (no valid format)
> resolvers | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
> resolvers | resolving |
> mtxrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-context.lua' using hash
> 'lua::mtx-context.lua'
> resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-contexts.lua' using hash
> 'lua::mtx-contexts.lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
> resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-mtx-context.lua' using
> hash 'lua::mtx-t-mtx-context.lua'
> resolvers | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-mtx-contexts.lua' using
> hash 'lua::mtx-t-mtx-contexts.lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-t-mtx-context.lua'
> resolvers | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
> mtxrun | unknown script 'mtx-context.lua' or 'mtx-mtx-context.lua'
> ```
>
> What's wrong with my installation?
>
> Best,
> Hong Feng

> the Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /
> https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl
> webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror)
> archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context
> wiki     : https://wiki.contextgarden.net

Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú
andresconrado@gmail.com
http://sesentaycuatro.com
http://messier87.com
http://chiquitico.org
Los fines no justifican los medios, porque la medida verdadera de nuestro
carácter está dada por los medios que estamos dispuestos a utilizar, no por
los fines que proclamamos.

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an
intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do
something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look
so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag
him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a
bitch.’” — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell

@ 2024-03-26 12:25 ` hf
From: hf @ 2024-03-26 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Andres,
I have set up the shell environment variable in my `~/.zshrc`, here it is the output of `echo $PATH` under the shell:
```
/home/hf/WORKSPACE/TOOLS/Emacs/bin:/home/hf/WORKSPACE/TOOLS/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-linux-aarch64/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
```
Here it is the output of `which context`:
```
/home/hf/WORKSPACE/TOOLS/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-linux-aarch64/bin/context
```
To use the full path of context on hello-world.tex generated the same error message.
Thank you.
Hong
2024年3月26日 10:47, "Andres Conrado Montoya" <andresconrado@gmail.com (mailto:andresconrado@gmail.com?to=%22Andres%20Conrado%20Montoya%22%20%3Candresconrado%40gmail.com%3E)> 写到:
El lun, 25 mar 2024 a las 18:14, <hf@hongfeng.ch (mailto:hf@hongfeng.ch)> escribió:
[...]
maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl (mailto:ntg-context@ntg.nl)/ https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl (https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl)
webpage : https://www.pragma-ade.nl (https://www.pragma-ade.nl)/ https://context.aanhet.net (https://context.aanhet.net)(mirror)
archive : https://github.com/contextgarden/context (https://github.com/contextgarden/context)
wiki : https://wiki.contextgarden.net (https://wiki.contextgarden.net)
Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú
andresconrado@gmail.com (mailto:andresconrado@gmail.com)
http://sesentaycuatro.com (http://sesentaycuatro.com)
http://messier87.com (http://messier87.com)
http://chiquitico.org (http://chiquitico.org)

@ 2024-03-26 17:43   ` Andres Conrado Montoya
From: Andres Conrado Montoya @ 2024-03-26 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you try the following: Delete the `texmf-cache` folder
inside /home/hf/WORKSPACE/TOOLS/ConTeXt/tex/, and then run `mtxrun
--generate && context --make`?
After running those two, try again, and let's see if that helps.

@ 2024-03-26 18:58     ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-26 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 3/26/24 18:43, Andres Conrado Montoya wrote:
> Can you try the following: Delete the `texmf-cache` folder
> inside /home/hf/WORKSPACE/TOOLS/ConTeXt/tex/, and then run `mtxrun
> --generate && context --make`?

In principle, the two following commands should be enough:

  mtxrun --script cache --erase && mtxrun --generate

The format file generation will be run automatically by the next
compilation.

Just in case it may help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl