* List without bullets
@ 2012-06-29 22:49 Gilbert Houtekamer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Gilbert Houtekamer @ 2012-06-29 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I am would like to make \startitemize list with \head that
has no bullets, e.g.

Topic

      My text for topic

Another Topic

      Text for another topic.

With \startitemize and \head I get bullets before "Topic"
and "Another Topic", how can get rid of these?

Thanks!

Gilbert Houtekamer

* Re: List without bullets
@ 2012-06-30  3:18 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-06-30  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can customize the symbol appearing in your items, and set it to nothing…

  \definesymbol[NoSymbol][{}]
  \definesymbol[MySymbol][{$\heartsuit$}]

\starttext

  \startitemize[Nosymbol]
  \item foo
  \item bar
  \item baz
  \stopitemize

  \startitemize[MySymbol,packed]
  \item foo
  \item bar
  \item baz
  \stopitemize

\stoptext

Best regards: OK

On 30 juin 2012, at 00:49, Gilbert Houtekamer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am would like to make \startitemize list with \head that
> has no bullets, e.g.
>
> Topic
>
>      My text for topic
>
> Another Topic
>
>      Text for another topic.
>
> With \startitemize and \head I get bullets before "Topic"
> and "Another Topic", how can get rid of these?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gilbert Houtekamer

* Re: List without bullets
@ 2012-06-30  3:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-06-30  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.06.2012 um 00:49 schrieb Gilbert Houtekamer:

> Hi,
>
> I am would like to make \startitemize list with \head that
> has no bullets, e.g.
>
> Topic
>
>      My text for topic
>
> Another Topic
>
>      Text for another topic.
>
> With \startitemize and \head I get bullets before "Topic"
> and "Another Topic", how can get rid of these?

When you the head and the itemize entries are on the same level you can’t change/remove it because
head uses the normal item symbol but when you move the entries at a deeper level you can use the empty
symbol “none” for the top level and use the “bullet” symbol for the sub level.

\starttext

\startitemize
  \starthead {Topic}
  \startitem My text for topic \stopitem
  \stophead
  \starthead {Another Topic}
  \startitem Text for another topic. \stopitem
  \stophead
\stopitemize

\startitemize[none][width=0pt]
  \starthead {Topic}
    \startitemize[bullet]
    \startitem My text for topic \stopitem
    \stopitemize
  \stophead
  \starthead {Another Topic}
    \startitemize[bullet]
    \startitem Text for another topic. \stopitem
    \stopitemize
  \stophead
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: List without bullets
@ 2012-06-30 10:30 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-06-30 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-06-30 19:03   ` Gilbert Houtekamer
From: Gilbert Houtekamer @ 2012-06-30 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Am 30.06.2012 um 00:49 schrieb Gilbert Houtekamer:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am would like to make \startitemize list with \head that
> > has no bullets, e.g.
> >
> > Topic
> >
> >     My text for topic
> >
> > Another Topic
> >
> >     Text for another topic.
> >
> > With \startitemize and \head I get bullets before "Topic"
> > and "Another Topic", how can get rid of these?
>
> When you the head and the itemize entries are on the same level you can’t
change/remove it because
> head uses the normal item symbol but when you move the entries at a deeper
level you can use the empty
> symbol “none” for the top level and use the “bullet” symbol for the sub level.
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
>  \starthead {Topic}
>  \startitem My text for topic \stopitem
>  \stophead
>  \starthead {Another Topic}
>  \startitem Text for another topic. \stopitem
>  \stophead
> \stopitemize
>
> \startitemize[none][width=0pt]
>  \starthead {Topic}
>    \startitemize[bullet]
>    \startitem My text for topic \stopitem
>    \stopitemize
>  \stophead
>  \starthead {Another Topic}
>    \startitemize[bullet]
>    \startitem Text for another topic. \stopitem
>    \stopitemize
>  \stophead
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang, thank you very much, this is what I wanted.

I modified it a bit to give me bold headers, and no bullets at all, as below.

\startitemize[none][width=0pt,headstyle=bold]
 \starthead {Topic}
   \startitemize[symbol=none]
   \startitem My text for topic \stopitem
   \stopitemize
 \stophead
 \starthead {Another Topic}
   \startitemize[symbol=none]
   \startitem Text for another topic. \stopitem
   \stopitemize
 \stophead
\stopitemize

Gilbert