* psfrag
@ 2003-12-14  8:07 David Munger
From: David Munger @ 2003-12-14  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I know this topic was treated in the past years, but I couldn't find the
answer in mailing list archives.

So, is there any ConTeXt equivalent to LaTeX's \psfrag command? It would be
very useful to process PostScript output from vector graphics drawing
programs.

David

* Re: psfrag
@ 2003-12-14 14:35 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-12-14 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

> So, is there any ConTeXt equivalent to LaTeX's \psfrag command?

No.

> It would be very useful to process PostScript output from vector
> graphics drawing programs.

How does psfrag from LaTeX work internally? Perhaps we are able to
make something similar.

Patrick
--
mon trainsistor j'adore

* Re : Re: psfrag
@ 2003-12-14 15:45   ` David Munger
From: David Munger @ 2003-12-14 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote :
> Hi David,
>
> > So, is there any ConTeXt equivalent to LaTeX's \psfrag command?
>
> No.
>
> > It would be very useful to process PostScript output from vector
> > graphics drawing programs.
>
> How does psfrag from LaTeX work internally? Perhaps we are able to
> make something similar.

I don't know how about its internals, but here's a usage example. For
instance, using some vector graphics program, I write a text label "alpha" on
some figure, and I print this figure in an EPS file. Then, using PSfrag, right
before \including the EPS file, I tell PSfrag to replace "alpha" with "$\alpha
$":
\psfrag{alpha}{$\alpha$}
\includegraphics{some_eps_file}

I believe PSfrag works in conjunction with dvips. There's this PS file which
may give you some clue:
texmf/dvips/psfrag/psfrag.pro
I can neither read TeX code nor PS code, but it is likely that it builds some
sort of lookup table for the labels. If I can help anyway, please tell me.

There are those two other files:
texmf/tex/plain/graphics/psfrag.tex
texmf/tex/latex/misc/psfrag.sty

David