* Unable to use longdivision package with LaTeX
@ 2023-12-09 15:39 R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
       [not found] ` <d9e637b2-06d5-4085-9b56-4ba80c9a0299-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar @ 2023-12-09 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear Folks,

The .tex file below compiles with lualatex without murmur:

---
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{longdivision}
\begin{document}
\longdivision{516}{27}
\end{document}
---

and the result is attached as longdivision.png.

However, when I compile the equivalent markdown file, md-ld.md,

===
---
title: "Test of long division"
date: 2023-12-09
header-includes:
   - \usepackage{longdivision}
---

This is a test of long division.

$$
\longdivision{516}{27}
$$
===

using

pandoc --from markdown --to latex --pdf-engine lualatex --standalone
--output md-ld.pdf md-ld.md

I get the error message

---
Error producing PDF.
! LaTeX cmd Error: Command '\longdivision' already defined.

For immediate help type H <return>.

l.192 }
---

If I leave out the longdivision package, and use the same command line,
it compiles, but the output of the long division is not correct and is
shown in the image pdf-from-pandoc.png.

Can someone please tell me which package is "already defining" the
\longdivision command, and also how I might get the desired result from
the .md file?

Thanks.

Chandra
2023-12-09