* what does ~! mean?
@ 1993-01-15 12:20 Hamish (H.I.) Macdonald
From: Hamish (H.I.) Macdonald @ 1993-01-15 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I've noticed the use of ~! in trip.rc in a few places:

    if (~! `` '' {echo --} $nl)
            fail echo --

I don't understand what this is supposed to do.

According to the grammar, TWIDDLE should be followed by an optional
caret and words.  I don't see anything in the grammer allowing ~ to be
followed by a BANG (unless the ! is a word, in which case there should
be white space after the TWIDDLE, no?).

Is the sense of this backwards?  Should it be '! ~' (or !~) ?

Thanks,
 Hamish.

* Re:  what does ~! mean?
@ 1993-01-15 21:26 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1993-01-15 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hamish, rc

It is a typo. Thanks.

(Wow, there are 4 of them, that's pretty embarrassing.)