* tstp -> kill
@ 1991-12-15 18:15 Brendan Kehoe
From: Brendan Kehoe @ 1991-12-15 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Even though rc blocks SIGTSTP after a fork(), it's still seen (as far
as I can tell); the process dies with a SIGKILL.  As an example, on a
Sparc do a trace of 'telnet' by itself; at the telnet> prompt, hit a
^Z; you'll see the two signals go in before telnet kills itself.

Ideally, doing ^Z should yield '; ^Z' at the prompt, not a signal.

I've been burned by this more times when I'm dialed up from home than...:)

--
Brendan Kehoe, Sun Network Manager                      brendan@cs.widener.edu
Widener University                                                 Chester, PA

only message in thread, other threads:[~1991-12-15 18:15 UTC | newest]