* file globbing on command names
@ 1992-01-10 20:45 Julian L. Ho
From: Julian L. Ho @ 1992-01-10 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

(from the rc man page:

   PATTERN MATCHING
     There are two forms of pattern matching in rc.  One is traditional shell
     globbing.  This occurs in matching for file names in argument lists:

          command argument argument ...

     When the characters *, [ or ?  occur in an argument, rc looks at the
     argument as a pattern for matching against files.
)

rc 1.2 seems to glob commands as well as arguments.  either it or the man page
needs changed...  the man page seems to say that if I have an executable at
the front of my path named 'echo?', i can type:

	echo? foo bar

to run it...  but this isn't so if there is a file named 'echox' in the
current directory...  rc behaves as if I had typed 'echox foo bar'.

-J

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-01-10 21:18 UTC | newest]