* 1 (global) history file
@ 1991-08-27  8:32 Bengt KLEBERG
From: Bengt KLEBERG @ 1991-08-27  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

----- Begin Included Message -----

|Byron mentioned last week that he uses one history file for all his
|windows; i tried this last week, and now say i think it is the way to go.

 I tried this in the beginning, but it seemed to jumble up and loose
entries from the history file randomly. It could get into situations
where I'd type a command into one window, and then right after it type
a -p, and it wouldn't find the command. Does anyone else use a single
global history under Ultrix and have it work? (Boyd?)

	- cks

----- End Included Message -----

At the very begining I tried to change to several history files. The
coding was simple but I didn't like the result so I switched back to
one file. I've not had any problems with using one global history file
for all my windows (and on all the machines in the network) at the same
time. Maybe I don't write enough commands. We use sunos 4.1.1

Bengt

[parent not found: <91Aug28.114551cdt.22537@archone.tamu.edu>]