* history files
@ 1991-09-16 17:52 Matthew Farwell
From: Matthew Farwell @ 1991-09-16 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

If I set history to a readonly file, then it unsets history. I'd like to
question this behaviour. Basically my motive is this: When I'm using
multiple window with multiple uid's, I often execute a command in the
wrong window. For instance, if I (say) wanted to mail someone
I might run it under root by mistake. Ok I say, I switch to the right
window and type:-

; history=/.rchist { - mush }

it just tells me to bog off. Do others think it might be useful to
change this behaviour? I don't want to have to chmod all my history
files to 666.

Something to think about anyway.

Dylan.

--
dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk || ...!uunet!ukc!ibmpcug!dylan
C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes that

only message in thread, other threads:[~1991-09-16 19:41 UTC | newest]