* Re:  Revised version of ile
@ 1992-01-24 19:35 Rich Salz
From: Rich Salz @ 1992-01-24 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Oh yeah -- if anyone comes up with vi-compatible bindings, then we can do
	vile rc

* Revised version of ile
@ 1992-01-24 18:56 Rich Salz
From: Rich Salz @ 1992-01-24 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I ran ile through lint, Saber, indent, "cat -s" :-), and fixed up a few
other things -- it now uses getopt, has only a single exec() call, no more
[fp]printf, etc.  I also cleaned up the manpage.  I've been in touch with
the author, and for now I'm just going to make it known to the RC users
here.

The shar file is 59K; a compressed version is on ~/incoming on
archone.tamu.edu at 26K.  ! ftp && echo 'Email me for a copy' :-)

For those who don't know, ile is a program that opens a pty and spawns a
child, providing command-line editing for any process run underneath it.
It's very nice.
	/r$