* Just how brain dead is SCO Unix?
@ 1992-02-11  1:53 Tom Culliton x2278
From: Tom Culliton x2278 @ 1992-02-11  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

While running some test programs through rc to beat it up some I began
to wonder what was taking so long.  A couple of peeks with ps were
enough to make me feel quite ill.  In SCO Unix /bin/test is a Bourne
shell script that does essentially this:

	`basename $0` "$@"

8-P Blech!  You can at least avoid running basename by using:

	fn test {
		/bin/sh -c test $*
	}

But basically the choice is the test built into your shell (or Bourne
shell) or nothing!  Any better suggestions are welcome.

Tom

* Re:  Just how brain dead is SCO Unix?
@ 1992-02-11  2:50 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1992-02-11  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I am sure there is a GNU test out there. Try looking for a "shellutils"
package.