* gnu bashing - not!
@ 1992-02-14 17:37 Arnold D. Robbins
From: Arnold D. Robbins @ 1992-02-14 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byron Rakitzis; +Cc: rc

> From: Byron Rakitzis <byron@archone.tamu.edu>
> To: rc@archone.tamu.edu
> Subject: GNU test
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1992 11:15:56 -0600
>
> Rather than bash GNU for no good reason, why not get the facts straight?
> They may write ugly code, but they write it all the same, and it's out
> there just for the asking.

I apologize for giving people the wrong impression --- I was not bashing GNU
at all (I'm one of the people doing GNU Awk, for heaven's sake).  I *was*
bashing on bash, but this is the rc mailing list, where small is beautiful,
and bash is neither.

There are, or course, some excellent GNU programs, and I use many of them.

And I probably should have looked at shellutils, but my poor home machine
doesn't have an internet connection (yet :-).  Apologies again; last word
on the subject from me.

Arnold

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-02-14 17:50 UTC | newest]