* Re: redirection confusion
@ 1992-09-21 14:48 Tom Culliton x2278
From: Tom Culliton x2278 @ 1992-09-21 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bk, rc

It seems to me that it shouldn't do it in either case.  It may just
look like it's doing it in the first case.

* redirection confusion
@ 1992-09-21  7:25 Bengt KLEBERG
From: Bengt KLEBERG @ 1992-09-21  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Greetings,

With the low volume of traffic I hope that this will not be considered
to simple a question to put forth.

Could somebody tell me why my rc1.4 (gcc compiled) on a sparcELC does
what I want for this (ie sends both stdout and stderr to more)

{ for ( i in */*.dbf) {
ls -l $i
ls -l `{echo $i | sed 's/dbf/tab/'}
}
} | more >[2=1]

But not for this (ie does not send stdout and stderr to lpr)

{ for ( i in */*.dbf) {
ls -l $i
ls -l `{echo $i | sed 's/dbf/tab/'}
}