* the great echo controversy
@ 1992-02-12  7:43 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1992-02-12  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I received about 10 replies; half in favor of a v7-style echo (-n, no
getopt), half in favor of a getopt() echo. I decided to go with a getopt
echo, if only because it's consistent. I can't believe I'm making a
mountain out of a molehill with this but endless debates about echo
seem to be a Unix tradition :-)

Byron.

PS For people who don't like to get much rc mail, I apologize. I imagine
things will calm down once more after 1.3 is released.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-02-12  7:43 UTC | newest]