* why I though 'rc -lc 'command'' didn't source .rcrc
@ 1992-10-28 10:43 Chris Siebenmann
From: Chris Siebenmann @ 1992-10-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

 I was testing rc in a 'clean' environment in order to get
consistent timings, via 'env - <things> time ...'. When I
tested Duff's rc, I listed an explicit value for $HOME, since
I was using startup files that would work with it. When I
tested Byron's rc, I forgot to specify a 'HOME=...' entry
(under the mental fog of thinking this would use the one in
my environment); of course, rc had no $HOME, had no idea of
where to look for .rcrc, and so couldn't run it.

 I'm not certain if it's worth printing out an error message
if things don't seem to make sense, and in any case this is
not (by any means!) a common occurrence. Might be something
to think about, though.

	- cks

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-10-28 10:44 UTC | newest]