* rc and Emacs 19.10
@ 1993-05-30 23:07 Magnus Homann
From: Magnus Homann @ 1993-05-30 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

The new emacs doesn't work very well with rc. If you use it in
vt100-mode, it just hangs when you press any key. It(emacs) repeatedly
tries to read() stdin, but read() returns "I/O error". This happens in
a signalhandler called on SIGIO. The same goes for sh. Tcsh and csh on
the other hand, manage emacs without problems.

I think it's related to the different ways the shell spawn children.
Unfortunately I don't know where to start looking. Is there anyone who
might have a clue? I tried rc and then emacs from gdb, and then it
worked!!!

I'm sorry I don't tell you all the details, but that's because I don't
understand what's happening :-)

BTW, I'm on SunOS 4.1.3...

Homann
--
   Magnus Homann	   "Just once, I want to hear you scream in pain."
   d0asta@dtek.chalmers.se "Play some Rap Music." -- The Last Boyscout

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-05-30 23:08 UTC | newest]