* problem with rc and tr
@ 1993-12-20  8:01 Bengt Kleberg
From: Bengt Kleberg @ 1993-12-20  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Greetings,

I'm doing something wrong and would appreciate any pointers to
what it is and how to get my desired result.
My version of rc, I've been unable to get the rc version# (should be
1.3 or 1.4), is compiled with gcc under SunOS 4.1.3 (currently running
under SunOs4.1.2).

This is what I want (and I get it with csh):
euas69c13% tr ÿ \012 < audit > tmp
euas69c13%

This is what I get:
; tr ÿ \012 < audit > tmp
^C
; \012 not found
;

Best Wishes, Bengt

* Re: problem with rc and tr
@ 1993-12-20  8:43 Bengt Kleberg
From: Bengt Kleberg @ 1993-12-20  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Let me add something. When I received my message from the rc-list I
noticed that the " over the y where gone (dissipered(sp?)).

The command is (on a sun type-5 keyboard): tr <compose y"> \012 < audit > tmp

Hope this helps,
Bengt