* rc and 9term on Sunos4.1.x
@ 1994-01-19  7:25 Bengt Kleberg
From: Bengt Kleberg @ 1994-01-19  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

Greetings,

Is there anybody that uses rc with 9term on Sunos 4.1.X (9term from
matty@cs.su.oz.au (James Matthew Farrow))?

When I try to start rc directly (9term -e rc) I get no echo of what I
type and I need to press <RET> 4 times to get  4 prompts. They are all
on one line, like this ; ; ; ; . If I type a short command, say ls, I
only need to type 2 <RET>'s to get output , followed by 2 prompts. Long
comands makes 4 <RET?'s necessary.

After a stty raw I still get no echo, but now I only need to type <RET>
once.

The standard shell here, tcsh, almost works. It gives an extra <CR>
after each line, but otherwise fine. It echo'es and <RET> only needs
one touch.

If I start rc from tcsh rc works too. In fact it is even better then
tcsh since the extra <CR> character is gone.

As I said in the beginning, this is only for 9term/rc users on Sunos
4.1.X. Anybody out there? More minds are better then one.

Bengt

only message in thread, other threads:[~1994-01-19  8:52 UTC | newest]