* Re: want code for b_access
@ 1994-03-22 15:37 Alan Watson
From: Alan Watson @ 1994-03-22 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeff (j.d.) sparkes; +Cc: rc

For path building, it is probably easiest to use the hack in the rc FAQ
list -- attempt to cd to each directory.  It's not perfect, but it
works for me.  See question 5.7.

Alan.

* want code for b_access
@ 1994-03-22 10:04 jeff (j.d.) sparkes
From: jeff (j.d.) sparkes @ 1994-03-22 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

I'd like to use the builtin access for path building across various
architectures, where I have a *lot* of directories, many non-existent
to search.  For various reasons, I'd like to have the extra efficiency
of not calling test about a hundred times.

It's mentioned in addon.[ch], but I can't find any pointers to the
code in the mailing list archives.
--
Jeff Sparkes
jsparkes@bnr.ca    Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada