* - vs "
@ 1994-02-03  7:19 Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 1994-02-03  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc

You know, it's kind of odd to use ``-'' as the name of the
history program when ``"'' is a common symbol for ``ditto''.

* Re: - vs "
@ 1994-02-03 18:01 ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 1994-02-03 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byron Rakitzis; +Cc: rc

I know I could change it, but that would be nonconformist. :-) Colon is
plausible by analogy with the bourne shell colon, I suppose.  And
anyone who uses emacs is conditioned to accept bucky bits, so shift is
less problematic. :-)

* Re:  - vs "
@ 1994-02-03  8:03 Byron Rakitzis
From: Byron Rakitzis @ 1994-02-03  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rc, schwartz

"-" doesn't require SHIFT. I think the labs folks use ":" for rc
instead of "=", but that requires using the shift key. Go figure.

Of course you are free to name the program whatever you want...