sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* ssam???
@ 2000-09-11 16:10 Jim Crigler
From: Jim Crigler @ 2000-09-11 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Fans, Wily Fans

I saw on the Wily Fans list last week a reference to "ssam".  Is this
a "streamed sam" to which there is (I think) an allusion in one of the
sam papers.  I just got the latest sam distribution from netlib, but
didn't see it there --- perhaps I didn't look carefully enough?

--
Jim Crigler

http://mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: ssam???
@ 2000-09-11 16:28 ` James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2000-09-11 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Crigler; +Cc: Sam Fans, Wily Fans

> I saw on the Wily Fans list last week a reference to "ssam".  Is this
> a "streamed sam" to which there is (I think) an allusion in one of the
> sam papers.  I just got the latest sam distribution from netlib, but
> didn't see it there --- perhaps I didn't look carefully enough?

It was made by Alistair Crooks, in the UK. There are Linux
and NetBSD ports of it all over, but the main homepage is
http://www.westley.demon.co.uk/software.html

* Re: ssam???
@ 2000-09-14 20:45 Bengt Kleberg
From: Bengt Kleberg @ 2000-09-14 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

> > I saw on the Wily Fans list last week a reference to "ssam".

> It was made by Alistair Crooks, in the UK.

There is also a rc script that uses sam to produce a semblance of stream
editing. Look in sam-9libs.

Bengt