sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Re: new sam tricks from Usenix
@ 1993-06-29 18:30 Ozan S. Yigit
From: Ozan S. Yigit @ 1993-06-29 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Ok, how about a summary of the panel discussion, never mind the
tricks? Were there any interesting discussions?

oz

* Re: new sam tricks from Usenix
@ 1993-06-29 20:02 ` Peter Collinson
From: Peter Collinson @ 1993-06-29 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

I did a review for ;login. it was commissioned by Usenix and
belongs to them until it's published. I am sure you will understand.

The opening para sums up what happened...

I guess that the idea here was to generate an entertaining argument on
the religious topic of editor choice. It didn't really generate the
necessary blood and detached human parts that most people were there
to see. The participants were too reasonable. Rob tried to brandish
his sabre and lop off a few bits but his attempts were foiled by
complete equanimity from the others.

--------------------------------

I think we may see a few people join the sam users club however.

* Re: new sam tricks from Usenix
@ 1993-06-29 17:41 ` Peter Collinson
From: Peter Collinson @ 1993-06-29 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Siebenmann; +Cc: sam-fans

There were none. It's hard to explain tricks to an audience who
doesn't understand sam.

* new sam tricks from Usenix
@ 1993-06-29 17:35 Chris Siebenmann
From: Chris Siebenmann @ 1993-06-29 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

 Does anyone who was at the Usenix sam/vi/emacs panel feel like
summarizing any new sam tricks that got demonstrated there?

	- cks