sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* (no subject)
@ 1993-02-22  4:48 rob
From: rob @ 1993-02-22  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

	How about:

	y/^ +/ x/ +/ c/ /

that's using ^ again; i thought the exercise was to avoid it.
at least, that is the exercise i've been working on.
when i made my suggestion
	x s2/ +/ /g
i implicitly assumed, as i think did the original poster, that
each line began with white space.  as i sit here now, i can't
find a clean-enough-to-use version that doesn't use ^.  the
magic thing about ^ is that it works at the beginning of the file;
otherwise i could cheat.  the poster said he had whole lines, hence:

	-#1,. x/\n?.+/ v/\n/ x/ +/ c/ /

but this is already too silly.

-rob

* (no subject)
@ 1993-02-23  3:26 ` David Hogan
From: David Hogan @ 1993-02-23  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

> From:	rob@research.att.com

> 	y/^ +/ x/ +/ c/ /

> that's using ^ again; i thought the exercise was to avoid it.
> at least, that is the exercise i've been working on.

I thought the point was to avoid using it in sub-commands.  Although
the command we are trying to find might have to be the sub-command of
another x command, I suppose.

> when i made my suggestion
> 	x s2/ +/ /g
> i implicitly assumed, as i think did the original poster, that
> each line began with white space.
>[...]

Hmmm, I missed that when I first read the post.
Anyway, here's another way to do it:

(Dang! That ^ is unavoidable :-)