sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* a possibly simple question
@ 1993-06-17 14:15 Arnold Robbins
From: Arnold Robbins @ 1993-06-17 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

My long time ed-trained fingers want to type

	s/"\([^"]+\)"/``\1''/g

to pull out stuff between quotes and give them ``-'' quotes.  I will admit
to a weak grasp of the sam command language, but a quick glance at the
doc didn't show anything revealing.  My question is, how do you do this in
sam?

A separate question. 9term has snarfe 0x81 in libXg as a Page-Up key, which
I miss terribly in sam - any chance of that getting added in to the "next"
release?

Much thanks,

Arnold

* Re: a possibly simple question
@ 1993-06-17 14:29 ` Neil Weisenfeld
From: Neil Weisenfeld @ 1993-06-17 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnold Robbins; +Cc: sam-fans

I'm sure that someone out there has a better solution, but if you can train
your ed fingers to forget the backslash before the parenthesis, you've got it
made.  Sam has an s command, too.

With dot set to:

  this is just to say "hello goodbye" to you.

we can do:

and get:

  this is just to say ``hello goodbye'' to you.

Regards,
Neil