sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* sam and tiling
@ 1994-09-08  5:23 Castor Fu
From: Castor Fu @ 1994-09-08  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Do people like the window creation mechanism on sam?  I found that more often
then not,  I didn't really want to choose a particular window size, but
simply wanted to put one somewhere.

However, the current behavior with the single click didn't seem to quite
agree with me.

Taking a cue from Oberon and acme, I decided to patch getr in samterm/main.c
by adding the following in the appropriate place:
modifying the code like so:

			if (p.y <= r.min.y)
				rp->max.y = r.min.y;
			else if (p.y >= r.max.y)
				rp->min.y = r.max.y;
			else {
				rp->min.y = r.min.y;
				rp->max.y = r.max.y;
			}
[and similarly  for the x coords].
This allows the command window to define 8 other sectors, which don't
overlap.  I've been working with it for a few hours now, and I feel the screen
real estate is better utilized.

	-castor

only message in thread, other threads:[~1994-09-08  5:23 UTC | newest]