sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Patches
@ 1993-10-29  9:09 Max Caines
From: Max Caines @ 1993-10-29  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

I have just put up a copy of 'sam' after reading about it in the UK magazine
.EXE. The writer mentions that there are some patches available to implement
'move to type' on the mouse pointer rather than 'click to type'. As I have
used X this way for some time, I'd like to put those patches in. Can anyone
point me to them? I'm running it on a Sun with SunOS 4.1.2.

Please send replies to me direct, as I'm not on the mailing list (yet,
anyway). I do have access to USENET news, if it simplifies things at all.

Looks like a nice package, by the way - my appreciation to those who
support it.

Thanks

|  Max Caines                  |  M.B.Caines@CCUB.WLV.AC.UK         |
|  Technical Services Manager  |  JANET: M.B.Caines@UK.AC.WLV.CCUB  |
|  Computer Centre             |  Phone: 0902 322245                |
|  Wolverhampton University    |  Fax: 0902 322777                  |

* Re: patches
       [not found] <9311041711.AA38107@rexsrvr2.summitis.com>
@ 1993-11-04 17:52 ` Beirne Konarski
From: Beirne Konarski @ 1993-11-04 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

>Autoindent can be hacked in (one of the many patches that have been posted
>handles this, if you really want it). Have you also tried the keyboard
>patches which allow a slightly more "conventional" user interface?
>
>"Pure" sam is a bit uncompromising; many people find it too austere for their
>taste. I've _applied_ most of the patches, but don't find myself using most
>of them (with the exception of cursor keys and cut/copy/paste)....
The patches sound promising.  How do I get them?

Thanks,
Beirne

Beirne Konarski                 | Reading maketh a full man, conference a
beirnek@summitis.com            | ready man, and writing an exact man.
"Untouched by Scandal"          |       -- Francis Bacon