sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* sam windows
@ 1993-03-31 20:21 Arnold Robbins
From: Arnold Robbins @ 1993-03-31 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

I admit to being very much a sam novice, but am really coming to like this
editor.

That said, has anyone looked into making it possible to have sam's various
windows be full blown X windows? I'd like to do the multi-file editing
stuff, but be able to place the windows wherever I want on the screen, and
not have them limited to being within the larger sam background window.

Is there a major design reason I'm overlooking, or is the current behaviour
just a side-effect of the X implementation (which I suspect it is)?

Much thanks,

Arnold Robbins --- College of Computing
Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0280	Phone: +1 404 894 9214
E-mail: arnold.robbins@cc.gatech.edu	FAX:   +1 404 853 9378
"He's not dead, he's metaphysically challenged." - Mystery Science Theatre 3000

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-03-31 20:22 UTC | newest]