sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* Sam on alphas?
@ 1995-07-11  7:55 tony
From: tony @ 1995-07-11  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Hi folks,

I've just started using sam on a DEC Alpha running OSF1/3.0.  I
grabbed the latest distrib from AT&T but unfortunately it crashes
periodically.  Before I attempt to track down the problem, is anyone
else using it successfully on this platform?

Also, can someone point me to the Sam extension patches?  I lost my
record of the site.

Thanks in advance,
Tony Sloane

Tony Sloane			   tony@cs.jcu.edu.au
Department of Computer Science, James Cook University

* Re: Sam on alphas?
@ 1995-07-12 23:12 ` tony
From: tony @ 1995-07-12 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

Hi,

I guess it's bad form to answer my own mail, but oh well...

> I've just started using sam on a DEC Alpha running OSF1/3.0.  I
> grabbed the latest distrib from AT&T but unfortunately it crashes
> periodically.  Before I attempt to track down the problem, is anyone
> else using it successfully on this platform?

It turns out that the compile on OSF1/3.0 has a different set of
predefined processor symbols.  Hence the line in sam/sam.h that says:

#ifdef __alpha__

should be

#if defined(__alpha__) || defined(__alpha)

With this change made I haven't had a crash.

> Also, can someone point me to the Sam extension patches?  I lost my
> record of the site.

Still looking for these...

Cheers,
Tony