sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
* 9term & rlogin
@ 1996-02-29  4:43 Alan Watson
From: Alan Watson @ 1996-02-29  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam-fans

I've just compiled 9term v1.6.6 on a DEC Alpha OSF/1 v3.2.  I used a
Makefile identical Makefile.matty.alpha with the exception of BINDIR.

I can't seem to get rlogin to work with it.  The rc on the remote
machine runs .rcrc, spits out a prompt, and then the connection gets
closed.  rlogin works fine from an xterm and telnet works fine from
both an xterm and a 9term.  The behaviour is the same connecting to
both OSF/1 and Solaris machines.

Bright ideas, anyone?

Alan

* Re: 9term & rlogin
@ 1996-02-29  5:02 Peter Seebach
From: Peter Seebach @ 1996-02-29  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan, sam-fans

Hmm.  That's better than I got; on SunOS 4.1.3, I couldn't even get
it to run consistently.  (Although I've since found that a lot of
libXg apps were failing because of bugs in my X server, and this may
apply to other stuff too.)

What's the canonical site to pick up new versions of all these things
from?

-s