sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: Gerry.Tomlinson@newcastle.ac.uk
To: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: (click) undo
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 05:38:28 -0400	[thread overview]

> > I'm not sure what you mean by this - in my experience, undo is done in the
> > following circumstances:
> > 	- as part of a cmd-u-cmd-u sequence, as i try to get the cmd *just*
> > 	right.
> > 	- in a long sequence of u,u,u,u... as i decide that what i've done for
> > 	the last ten minutes is the wrong tack
> > 	- just once, because i'm forgotten to change the focus before typing.

and you can do  each of a long sequence with a single mouse click
once you've selected the "u".

i must say that running sam under X11, i've found it much easier to use since:

a) using 9term - which means  i'm using the same input model most
   of the time when entering commands -  eg. previously i found it hard
   to get the hang of the `output point' in the sam command window, now it
   seems perfectly natural.

b) adding the patch which gives "mouse-to-type" - so it matches my window
manager and other windowing applications. previously i frequently
typed in the "wrong" window requiring a subsequent "undo".  i also now find
it less irksome going to the command window for a single command,

	gerry

---
Gerry.Tomlinson@newcastle.ac.uk
Department of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Tel: +44 191 222 8139
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom.             Fax: +44 191 222 8232